By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Capcom announces Monster Hunter Stories for 3DS

Wyrdness said:
Nuvendil said:

Was a deal ever confirmed to exist? :P

Seriously, is it so hard to believe Capcom is just full of cheapskates?  I mean, look at the MH3U Wii U port and the resource investment - or lack thereof - they put in.  Look at the last two Mega Man games and the budgets those got.  Capcom is just min-maxing here.  3DS is both the cheapest to develop for and has five times the iinstallbase.  

Well they created a port of RE:R2 for Vita, min-maxing maybe one reason but it's hard to believe the isn't some kind of partnership after all Nintendo do handle publishing in the EU and have had a big hand in pushing the game in the west.

Yeah, I the western push is definitely coming from Nintendo.  Cause again, Capcom isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier.  I mean you mention RE:R2.  That game didn't even release on the system RE:R1 sold best on.  Why?  Because **** you.

Around the Network
fps_d0minat0r said:
nice art but the concept is sooo wrong.

Whats the point having kids in the world of monster hunter where the objective is to... hunt 'monsters'.
First I thought the tigrex looked weak, then they bring in that puney rathalos, and the congalala looks like it escaped from a circus.

Is it safe to say that smashing their heads in for bonuses, chopping off their tales and carving monsters wont be in this game?

Yeah, I think that is a safe bet.

The trailer, in looks and what was shown sort of hints towards a much more kid friendly objective. The main character (or maybe he is just the stand in for a character created avatar) being a kid, the tiny monster mount, the prominence on taking eggs and the egg in the main logo, sort of hint toward less about hunt monsters for their body parts and more toward potential monster raising.

But then again, they did call it a RPG so it could lead to some sort of epic adventure where you do murder a fleet of animals but less emphasis on using their dead bodies to upgrade armor and weapons.

2016 - 3DS:

- Bravely Second
- Fire Emblem IF
- Monster Hunter Stories
- Pokemon (Most likely)

Awesome RPG line-up. *-*

Now give me Golden Sun 3DS.

Will it come to the west?

I love that drawing in OP.

Around the Network
Nuvendil said:
Wyrdness said:

Well they created a port of RE:R2 for Vita, min-maxing maybe one reason but it's hard to believe the isn't some kind of partnership after all Nintendo do handle publishing in the EU and have had a big hand in pushing the game in the west.

Yeah, I the western push is definitely coming from Nintendo.  Cause again, Capcom isn't the brightest bulb in the chandelier.  I mean you mention RE:R2.  That game didn't even release on the system RE:R1 sold best on.  Why?  Because **** you.

Capcom aren't putting Resident Evil: Revelations 2 on Vita. Sony are. Sony have even contracted a developer to do the port.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Im surprised at where they're are going with this. This looks like something Level 5 would do. Im was not feeling that at all.

vkaraujo said:

2016 - 3DS:

- Bravely Second
- Fire Emblem IF
- Monster Hunter Stories
- Pokemon (Most likely)

Awesome RPG line-up. *-*

Now give me Golden Sun 3DS.

Don't forget Youkai Watch.

Xxain said:
Im surprised at where they're are going with this. This looks like something Level 5 would do. Im was not feeling that at all.

Its ok, they are mostly looking at the japanese customers, given it will be a million+ for this spin off :p

Hmm, I wonder what makes this different from the usual MH games... I`ll keep my eye on it though.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread