By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (Treyarch) announced! World Reveal on April 26th! Futuristic setting, Zombies confirmed

thedawghousev2 said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
That guy definitely looks like he's wearing an exosuit. No doubt in my mind.

i think it's just some future armor, treyarch wouldn't do this (at least in multiplayer and zombies, they might do some future shit in campaign)

If it's armour it probably grants exo-like abilities.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5ASJvTgpJo

oh yeah, forgot to post the black ops theme to get people pumped.

i never understood why future settings always contained dubstep, like if you want a future setting is it required that the music you choose is dubstep? i hope black ops 3 has some nice catchy regular ass music.

ArchangelMadzz said:
thedawghousev2 said:

i think it's just some future armor, treyarch wouldn't do this (at least in multiplayer and zombies, they might do some future shit in campaign)

If it's armour it probably grants exo-like abilities.

or maybe people in the future figured out that more high tech armor can protect people from getting seriously injured compared to having no armor (you're probably right, i'm just in denial right now. i really don't want there to be exo shit in my most anticipated call of duty ever)

UltimateUnknown said:
PenguinZ said:

There probably won't be any exosuits... but that doesn't mean that exo mechanics won't be repurposed to meet their "robofuturistic" theme.

Doesn't matter what they call it. I don't want any of this double jumping, dashing and all kinds of exo BS. Like seriously, why did Treyarch decide to copy AW? It's not like AW is the best selling COD either. The original BO was at the peak of COD sales and that didn't have any of this futuristic tech. At this point I'd much rather take a BO1+2 remastered over this BO3 exo crap. It seriously makes me so mad.

At least I'll have zombies. Oh wait, even zombies was ruined in AW by exo suits. GAAAAHHHHH DARN IT!!!

Eh, times change. Advanced Warfare is certainly off the beaten path, but I enjoy it. (That doesn't mean I want future Cod's to follow the exo movement model).. I just wish half the weapons weren't completely useless. BO2  had some of the best weapons  across the board in terms of viability and usability, which is one of the reasons why I prefer BO2 over BO1.

would've prefer a more traditional Call of Duty though and was actually hoping Treyarch would take Call of Duty back to WW2... "Futuristic" at this point is just as worn as WW2 was back in the WAW days.

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

PenguinZ said:
UltimateUnknown said:

Doesn't matter what they call it. I don't want any of this double jumping, dashing and all kinds of exo BS. Like seriously, why did Treyarch decide to copy AW? It's not like AW is the best selling COD either. The original BO was at the peak of COD sales and that didn't have any of this futuristic tech. At this point I'd much rather take a BO1+2 remastered over this BO3 exo crap. It seriously makes me so mad.

At least I'll have zombies. Oh wait, even zombies was ruined in AW by exo suits. GAAAAHHHHH DARN IT!!!

Eh, times change. Advanced Warfare is certainly off the beaten path, but I enjoy it. (That doesn't mean I want future Cod's to follow the exo movement model).. I just wish half the weapons weren't completely useless. BO2  had some of the best weapons  across the board in terms of viability and usability, which is one of the reasons why I prefer BO2 over BO1.

would've prefer a more traditional Call of Duty though and was actually hoping Treyarch would take Call of Duty back to WW2... "Futuristic" at this point is just as worn as WW2 was back in the WAW days.

My issue is not with the future setting itself, but these exo movements. They absolutely reuined MP. No map control or flow whatsoever. It's just complete and utter chaos all the time and getting shot in the side/back. It's just too much chaos and BS.

I actually think the strongest point of AW is its gun variety, the sheer number of amazing gun variants and how unique they are. I don't think there existed a COD where so many guns were viable. I mean just off the top of my head I can name over a dozen...Obsidian Steed, Inferno, Speakeasy, Strider, Hole Puncher, Steel Bite, Boar Strike, Goliath, RIP, Subverter, Loophole, Doctor, Insanity, Gigawatt and I could honestly go on. If 3arch is gonna copy anything, copy gun variants and make them unique like in AW. The only thing bad about them is how difficult they are to earn. Hopefully its less probabilistic.

Around the Network

If it comes to Wii U I'll buy it. LOL just trying to support the system, and i don't care for the game enough to be pissed about only being able to play a few game modes in Mulit-player due to lack of people online.

You know, I was just about starting to get exicted for a new CoD, I haven't got the last 2 and I like the Treyarch games, Black Ops is my favourite CoD for MP, the whole MP was fair, anyone could beat anyone with any gun, so it took skill. What I didn't like from BO2 was the sniping (obviously) and the futuristic stuff, sure have the heart beat sensors from MW series but beyond that and the radar, there wasn't much silly technology. In every game since it's been all about future stuff. Seeing through walls, an attachment that highlights your targets like the lazy f*** you are, then exo suits so you are flying about like numpties. (Didn't play ghosts).

I just want a CoD like BO set in the 80s, move away from the future crap Activision.

Hmm, pie.

Black Ops 3? How...imaginative. Wonder how it'll play out but I'm hoping for more than just "another COD game".

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

WOOOOO Fuck yeah Treyarch =D
Ghost was shit, Advanced Warfare was shit, BLOPS2 was fucking amazing.
Cant wait for BLOPS3.

Ugh, that 'futuristic robotic cutting-edge technology' theme is so beyond lame.