By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Think Pre-2000 Nintendo is the greatest thing ever

This is the only reply that this thread deserves.

Around the Network

I'm not sure why there is an argument about semantics out of all things but let's get back to the topic at hand please.

AlfredoTurkey said:
RolStoppable said:
And yes, of course Xenoblade isn't really a Nintendo game because it doesn't fit the outlined narrative.

It isn't though. Nintendo didn't develop it. They published it yes, but did not develop it. Saying Xenoblade is made by Nintendo is like saying 007 was made by Nintendo. There is a difference in publishing and developing. 

Monolith Soft is 100% owned by Nintendo. 

AlfredoTurkey said:

It isn't though. Nintendo didn't develop it. They published it yes, but did not develop it. Saying Xenoblade is made by Nintendo is like saying 007 was made by Nintendo. There is a difference in publishing and developing. 

Monolith Software is owned by Nintendo, their developers are Nintendo's developers. You could argue that that OP is only talking about Nintendo's EAD teams...but then that begs the questions why several other games were included in the list.

OT: I also think that all games I don't like are bad. 

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

1992-2000 Nintendo = GOAT Nintendo. 

When these guys retired, Nintendo was never the same again really

If they hadn't been hamstrung by Nintendo of Japan's stupid decision to make the N64 cart-only they would've won beat Sony too IMO. 

Around the Network
ToraTiger said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

No your guidelines are ridiculous, Luigi's Mansion doesn't count because "3ds and GC are similar in strenth, so no it doesn't count."

Not just that, its a sequel and not even a high quality one.  If it was on Wii U, maybe, but on 3DS hell no

Production value =/ quality.

I agree, Nintendo in the the N64 days were absolute kings when it came to innovation and creative ideas, they just don't have the same magic spark they once had, although, if you ask me, their "magic" died not to long ago, 2010 it's where I felt that their games started to lack soul and began to be overly formulaic. The N64, the GameCube, and hell, even the Wii in its beggining felt right at home when it came down to having lots of the "Nintendo magic", well, at least for me.

To be honest, Splatoon it's the game that feels the most "Nintendo" out of everything they have produced in the last 5 years.

I'm now filled with determination.

1992-2000 Nintendo = best Nintendo. 

In this 8 year stretch they put out many of the greatest games of all time

IMO while they still make good games, they've never been as good as they were in the 90s. Nintendo under Yamauchi/Lincoln/Arakawa = best Nintendo.

Soundwave said:

1992-2000 Nintendo = best Nintendo. 

In this 8 year stretch they put out many of the greatest games of all time

IMO while they still make good games, they've never been as good as they were in the 90s. Nintendo under Yamauchi/Lincoln/Arakawa = best Nintendo.

This.  OMG this post is so much Hnnnnnnnnnngg.  Love every single game up there

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Soundwave said:

1992-2000 Nintendo = GOAT Nintendo. 

When these guys retired, Nintendo was never the same again really

If they hadn't been hamstrung by Nintendo of Japan's stupid decision to make the N64 cart-only they would've won beat Sony too IMO. 

I don't think so. Nintendo had draconic royalty fees after all.