By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Think Pre-2000 Nintendo is the greatest thing ever

Captain_Yuri said:
ToraTiger said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I am pretty sure that if you have to link a site that might get you banned in order for me to know where it comes from, that pretty much means that it's not widely/often used like that...

Also, I am on that forum site but I don't see anyone using it? Like I go to "Gaming and Technology" and then I go "General Forum Rules" or "Offical Bloodborne Thread" and etc and I don't see it...

The misc is far more used than this site, and is one of the biggest forums.  Surprised you haven't heard about it.  Using "brb" like that is common there, and same for 4chan

Well... Considering how I went to that site (as I have mentioned before) and I couldn't even find it, it is clearly not used as often as you claim... It may be used by some users but if its this hard to find even on that site, it is clearly not used often...

And I also went to 4chan and I dont see them using it either...

When Ctrl + F "Brb" gives u no results... It is clearly not being used often

Wow you guys on this site pry on everything.  

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140201933

It's quite common, just because you never heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  >.>

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
ToraTiger said:
onionberry said:

so uncharted  isn't really a  sony game, as it was made by ND.

Thing is, 100% uncharted is a completely new franchise and was led by Sony computers in development.  While Xenoblade is basically an offshoot of Xenosaga and Xenogears, and had very little involvement from Nintendo, and was owned partially by Namco back then, so no I don't consider it Nintendo.  If you guys do, yeah for you, but I honestly don't.  

Xenoblade is technically not a part of the Xenosaga or Xenogear series, the name is honorary, changed only months before release as a nod to Takahashi's previous works. It was titled "Monado: Beginning of the World" until January of 2010.

Nintendo bought Namco's controlling interest in Monolith in May of 2007, more than three years before Xenoblade released; the bulk of the game was produced under Nintendo's ownership and supervision.

As the owner of both the Xenoblade trademark and its developer, Nintendo technically owns the franchise.

Anyone who played Xenosaga and Xenogears would know the games are all spiritual successor, as they cant make a sequel without permission from Square and Namco.  I can confrim from the credits and Iwata ask that copperate nintendo had little to do with the game.  

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:
KingdomHeartsFan said:

Wow I have never seen such specific guidelines, its almost like your trying to disregard everything Nintendo's done to make them look bad, oh wait...

Or...? Or I don't think they've been doing a good job innovating, and when they do it usually involves either waggle controls, or figurines. 

No your guidelines are ridiculous, Luigi's Mansion doesn't count because "3ds and GC are similar in strenth, so no it doesn't count."

KingdomHeartsFan said:
ToraTiger said:

Or...? Or I don't think they've been doing a good job innovating, and when they do it usually involves either waggle controls, or figurines. 

No your guidelines are ridiculous, Luigi's Mansion doesn't count because "3ds and GC are similar in strenth, so no it doesn't count."

Not just that, its a sequel and not even a high quality one.  If it was on Wii U, maybe, but on 3DS hell no

I make bad threads.  

Manlet Crew

ToraTiger said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Well... Considering how I went to that site (as I have mentioned before) and I couldn't even find it, it is clearly not used as often as you claim... It may be used by some users but if its this hard to find even on that site, it is clearly not used often...

And I also went to 4chan and I dont see them using it either...

When Ctrl + F "Brb" gives u no results... It is clearly not being used often

Wow you guys on this site pry on everything.  

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140201933

It's quite common, just because you never heard of it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  >.>

I don't get it... Apart from the title of the thread, Brb is not being used anywhere... Also by the looks of it, he is using Brb in the "Be Right Back" sense and not in the "transitory phrase" sense

I am not saying it doesn't exist nor have I ever said that it doesn't exist... I am just saying that your claims of it being used "Often on the internet" as a "transitory phrase" is false

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
ToraTiger said:
curl-6 said:

Xenoblade is technically not a part of the Xenosaga or Xenogear series, the name is honorary, changed only months before release as a nod to Takahashi's previous works. It was titled "Monado: Beginning of the World" until January of 2010.

Nintendo bought Namco's controlling interest in Monolith in May of 2007, more than three years before Xenoblade released; the bulk of the game was produced under Nintendo's ownership and supervision.

As the owner of both the Xenoblade trademark and its developer, Nintendo technically owns the franchise.

Anyone who played Xenosaga and Xenogears would know the games are all spiritual successor, as they cant make a sequel without permission from Square and Namco.  I can confrim from the credits and Iwata ask that copperate nintendo had little to do with the game.  

"Spiritual successor" doesn't equal ownership though. Evil Within is a spiritual successor to RE4, doesn't mean it belongs to Capcom. 

Given that Nintendo changed the title just months before release, I doubt very much they would willingly alter it to one they did not own the rights to. Can you substantiate Namco and Square having any power over the Xenoblade trademark? I do not recall any reference to Namco or Square in Xenoblade's credits, nor in materials pertaining to Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Once Nintendo bought Monolith, they came a subsidiary, so any work they did beyond that point (the bulk of the game) was done as Nintendo developers.

Mid 80's to early 90's was Nintendo's peak. I preferred (and still do) the Genesis (as did most Americans at the time of the 16-bit war) but I had both and the games that I enjoy the most of theirs are from the NES and SNES era. That was when they were their most creative and innovative.

Sure, the N64 had a few legendary games like OOT, but not nearly as many as the NES.

RolStoppable said:
And yes, of course Xenoblade isn't really a Nintendo game because it doesn't fit the outlined narrative.

It isn't though. Nintendo didn't develop it. They published it yes, but did not develop it. Saying Xenoblade is made by Nintendo is like saying 007 was made by Nintendo. There is a difference in publishing and developing. 

Nope Sega and Sony for me :D

Nobody's perfect. I aint nobody!!!

Killzone 2. its not a fps. it a FIRST PERSON WAR SIMULATOR!!!! ..The true PLAYSTATION 3 launch date and market dominations is SEP 1st

ToraTiger said:
Platina said:

Fire Emblem became a franchise for a reason; the fans liked the games. Being exclusive to Japan up to the sixth game, Nintendo finally released it world wide because of the popularity it generated. FE7 had very good sales in the West and since itwas appealing, they made more sequels. However, due to bad sales of FE12, that is when Nintendo gave the ultimatum; create a good game that sells well or funding will stop. The success of Awakening shows that fans still enjoy the series and that it isn't an unappealing game. But it does show that Nintendo will drop a game franchise if it doesn't sell well, after they milked as much money from it. That is my intial point

Earthbound had really modest sales in Japan so they didn't release it west, simple as that. And like I said earlier, if Nintendo reboots an old franchise, it doesn't mean it will be sucessful, and if it does (like FE13) they will make more sequels causing for more rehashing that many frown upon. You can't make everyone happy... =.=

You mean they released it in the west due to Smash? Not due to the hype of the game itself.  FE stays around because I doubt it takes much money to make the games.  Hell you can tell by just how many sequels the game has came out with in the last 12 years.  It is appealing to some, but FE will never be as popular as say Final Fantasy, just due to how the game is built.   Bottomline is FE is high level budget games that Nintendo made sure to have to keep the RPG holisters full, but rebooting Earthbound in 3D, a game of that scale will make nintendo shreek at the idea of actually having to spend money on a game that isn't zelda or mario.  This is why Metroid is so scarce and so is any other franchise that could poteintially cost money to make 

I never mentioned Smash in my post? Melee promoted Roy, yes, but that was mainly for Japan since he is from FE6, that was never released in the west. Therefore, the hype and advertisement it generated in the west, only at best, allowed fans to gain some awareness of this series, but that is besides the point. I'm saying that Nintendo will create sequels for franchises such as Fire Emblem. If they are good games, people will buy it, like what happened with FE13. And if they make a profit, Nintendo will continue to do so.

Of course Fire Emblem will never be popular as Final Fantasy, and I never implied that in any way. If anything, Final Fantasy is more comparable to games like Zelda or Mario. However, with enough sales, Nintendo can still make profits from franchise such as FE because, as you said, they aren't super expensive to produce.

I also don't understand what your trying to get at. You dislike the fact that Nintendo is rehashing games and that they don't make enough new IP, but you are proposing to reboot old franchises and to create sequels for games such as Earthbound and Metroid. Isn't that the same thing as why you dislike Nintendo in the first place?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]