By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Think Pre-2000 Nintendo is the greatest thing ever

tbone51 said:
alternine said:

Yup if they keep on this road they'll start losing money fast. Those "billions" in the bank could evaporate fast.

You do know Those "billions" you speak of is the Nintendo you and Tora are talking about right? o.O

Lol their most successful generation ever is post-2000 where they sold over 250 million units of hardware and almost 2 billion units of software while making $15 billion over the course of 5 years and released 4 new IP that each sold over 20 million.

Ya Nintendo should go back to pre-2000

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
ToraTiger said:

They kept spamming FE games and appearances in smash until it finally stuck with Awakening.  I'm sure EarthBound was a very popular game, and yet it gets nothing.  Same for Metroid, it hasn't had a game in like 5 fukking years

Go home, your drunk

I'm not even trolling guy, completely srs. 

alternine Is right though, Sony has had the game locked for 15 years, or at least the console game.  I'm not even much of a sony fan, Nintendo games are my favorites easily (Older ones mostly, newer ones are kinda meh imo) and even I can recongize nintendo has been lazy as fuark lately, with the constant remakes, remakes, ports, ports, sequel, sequel, which haven't added anything new that wasn't either really bad or really gimmicky imo.   I see them coming out with a few new I.Ps, but I'm not really impressed by C.O.D.E.NAME steam, it feels like a bad cross between Gears of War and Fire Emblem and it's horribly slow paced to the point that I cant' even sit down and play it unless I have something else to do on the enemies turn.

There are a few exceptions sure, but overall they are doing that remake stuff to shi!T

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

alternine said:

I agree. Nintendo dropped off in terms of new and interesting ip after the N64. I wouldn't say Sony stole their creativity but Sony did take Nintendo's throne and they've had it for 15 years now.

Wii was just a dream?

Click HERE and be happy 

ToraTiger said:
Platina said:

That's exactly my point? They kept making sequels and remakes for Fire Emblem until Awakening hit the gold mine once again. Shows that people are still enjoying the sequels from the same game. Even Nintendo said that if the FE13 didn't sell well, they'll stop funding for this IP

Earthbound was popular but it didn't sell well so they stopped releasing them. Nintendo will remake games until people stop buying them, but that doesn't mean they won't make new IPs from time to time..

How is that your point dude?  They make sequels of unappealing video games and they finally catch on after the 13th game.  Earthbound only had 1 game released in America and it was a cult classic.  Also there are plenty of franchises by Nintendo that could be rebooted, and not just "remade"

Fire Emblem became a franchise for a reason; the fans liked the games. Being exclusive to Japan up to the sixth game, Nintendo finally released it world wide because of the popularity it generated. FE7 had very good sales in the West and since itwas appealing, they made more sequels. However, due to bad sales of FE12, that is when Nintendo gave the ultimatum; create a good game that sells well or funding will stop. The success of Awakening shows that fans still enjoy the series and that it isn't an unappealing game. But it does show that Nintendo will drop a game franchise if it doesn't sell well, after they milked as much money from it. That is my intial point

Earthbound had really modest sales in Japan so they didn't release it west, simple as that. And like I said earlier, if Nintendo reboots an old franchise, it doesn't mean it will be sucessful, and if it does (like FE13) they will make more sequels causing for more rehashing that many frown upon. You can't make everyone happy... =.=

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

tbone51 said:
alternine said:

When I said "stole their creativity" I meant that Nintendo wasnt coming up with new and interesting ip when Sony rose up. I whole heartily agree that PS All Stars and LBP Racing are rip offs.

Well to be fair, Nintendo created Wii Sports, the most successful IP of all time, not because it sold 82mil copies but because it was the sole reason for 10s of millions to buy a console.

As for others since we are talking after N64, i can name a bunch bro of nintendo games that fit that bill "Nintendo wasnt coming up with new and interesting ip"

~Luigi's Mansion

~Pikmin

~AC

~Advanced Wars (well sort of)

~Mario and Luigi RPG (turn based game but with dodging mechs+new game mechanics)

2 of those are Mario spin offs and Pikmin's gameplay doesn't really appeal to everybody. Same goes for Animal Crossing. I will give you Advance Wars though.  

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

Around the Network

I don't see how this thread is critical when it uses statements like "Man I wish they still had that magic", and the improper use of the word remake. It's as if you lost interest in modern Nintendo yet can't find a tangible argument to explain your opinion of them.

OT: Nintendo wrote the bible for 2D games and were the pioneers of 3D. They inspired many different generations of games and kickstarted their many evolutions. They are however out of that loop now and they follow their own design choices. They don't follow trends, and they're basically not evolving much of their own. Take that as you may but their games are still great.

.- -... -.-. -..

ToraTiger said:
Captain_Yuri said:

I am pretty sure that if you have to link a site that might get you banned in order for me to know where it comes from, that pretty much means that it's not widely/often used like that...

Also, I am on that forum site but I don't see anyone using it? Like I go to "Gaming and Technology" and then I go "General Forum Rules" or "Offical Bloodborne Thread" and etc and I don't see it...

The misc is far more used than this site, and is one of the biggest forums.  Surprised you haven't heard about it.  Using "brb" like that is common there, and same for 4chan

Well... Considering how I went to that site (as I have mentioned before) and I couldn't even find it, it is clearly not used as often as you claim... It may be used by some users but if its this hard to find even on that site, it is clearly not used often...

And I also went to 4chan and I dont see them using it either...

When Ctrl + F "Brb" gives u no results... It is clearly not being used often

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

ToraTiger said:
onionberry said:

so uncharted  isn't really a  sony game, as it was made by ND.

Thing is, 100% uncharted is a completely new franchise and was led by Sony computers in development.  While Xenoblade is basically an offshoot of Xenosaga and Xenogears, and had very little involvement from Nintendo, and was owned partially by Namco back then, so no I don't consider it Nintendo.  If you guys do, yeah for you, but I honestly don't.  

Xenoblade is technically not a part of the Xenosaga or Xenogear series, the name is honorary, changed only months before release as a nod to Takahashi's previous works. It was titled "Monado: Beginning of the World" until January of 2010.

Nintendo bought Namco's controlling interest in Monolith in May of 2007, more than three years before Xenoblade released; the bulk of the game was produced under Nintendo's ownership and supervision.

As the owner of both the Xenoblade trademark and its developer, Nintendo technically owns the franchise.

alternine said:
tbone51 said:

Well to be fair, Nintendo created Wii Sports, the most successful IP of all time, not because it sold 82mil copies but because it was the sole reason for 10s of millions to buy a console.

As for others since we are talking after N64, i can name a bunch bro of nintendo games that fit that bill "Nintendo wasnt coming up with new and interesting ip"

~Luigi's Mansion

~Pikmin

~AC

~Advanced Wars (well sort of)

~Mario and Luigi RPG (turn based game but with dodging mechs+new game mechanics)

2 of those are Mario spin offs and Pikmin's gameplay doesn't really appeal to everybody. Same goes for Animal Crossing. I will give you Advance Wars though.  

C'mon!!!! MarionSpin off doesn't mean anything!!!! We are talking innovation, Both those Mario Spin offs innovated the game :0

Also AC is a 12mil seller on DS and New Leaf (3ds) will be a 10mil seller (you said doesn't appeal to everybody, thats why im pointing it out). Also ironically AC new leaf will be the biggest game in Jpan this generation!

Pikmin did sell to a million+ people. Thats pretty good imo, but hey its opinionated here

Platina said:
ToraTiger said:
Platina said:

That's exactly my point? They kept making sequels and remakes for Fire Emblem until Awakening hit the gold mine once again. Shows that people are still enjoying the sequels from the same game. Even Nintendo said that if the FE13 didn't sell well, they'll stop funding for this IP

Earthbound was popular but it didn't sell well so they stopped releasing them. Nintendo will remake games until people stop buying them, but that doesn't mean they won't make new IPs from time to time..

How is that your point dude?  They make sequels of unappealing video games and they finally catch on after the 13th game.  Earthbound only had 1 game released in America and it was a cult classic.  Also there are plenty of franchises by Nintendo that could be rebooted, and not just "remade"

Fire Emblem became a franchise for a reason; the fans liked the games. Being exclusive to Japan up to the sixth game, Nintendo finally released it world wide because of the popularity it generated. FE7 had very good sales in the West and since itwas appealing, they made more sequels. However, due to bad sales of FE12, that is when Nintendo gave the ultimatum; create a good game that sells well or funding will stop. The success of Awakening shows that fans still enjoy the series and that it isn't an unappealing game. But it does show that Nintendo will drop a game franchise if it doesn't sell well, after they milked as much money from it. That is my intial point

Earthbound had really modest sales in Japan so they didn't release it west, simple as that. And like I said earlier, if Nintendo reboots an old franchise, it doesn't mean it will be sucessful, and if it does (like FE13) they will make more sequels causing for more rehashing that many frown upon. You can't make everyone happy... =.=

You mean they released it in the west due to Smash? Not due to the hype of the game itself.  FE stays around because I doubt it takes much money to make the games.  Hell you can tell by just how many sequels the game has came out with in the last 12 years.  It is appealing to some, but FE will never be as popular as say Final Fantasy, just due to how the game is built.   Bottomline is FE is high level budget games that Nintendo made sure to have to keep the RPG holisters full, but rebooting Earthbound in 3D, a game of that scale will make nintendo shreek at the idea of actually having to spend money on a game that isn't zelda or mario.  This is why Metroid is so scarce and so is any other franchise that could poteintially cost money to make 

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew