By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games is more About Politics than having Fun

OdinHades said:
EVERYTHING is about politics these days. Just look how every game gets analyzed about how it is sexist or not. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Or not? No, no, no, don't you know? Every game is sexist. Just like every movie, and everything anyone ever says.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

It honestly feels the same as 16 bit era when people were arguing between Sega and Nintendo. The difference now is the internet. It focuses on the shocking or absurd so we know the worst of people. Read a comment section or go on twitter or facebook and 80% of the time devolves into toxic bickering.

If the internet had been in 1995 what it is in 2015 the Final Fantasy VII shift to PlayStation would have launched thousands of petitions. My advice is to not take the internet so seriously and engage with gamers in real life, they don't get hung up on platforms nearly as much and just enjoy gaming.

Yep, you're right. Some people want to think that they have the best console and they want everything exclusive to make fun of other people who don't buy it. It's embarassing. I understand there are always preferences. I'm mainly a PC+Nintendo gamer, but I know a lot of people who don't choose the same platforms as me. I wouldn't mind if they could enjoy the same games I'm enjoying right now in my platforms. And vice versa, I would love to enjoy PS4/XOne exclusives in my PC/WiiU/3DS. Yes, I know perfectly this isn't possible, but it's not about which platform is the best, it's about gaming.

I've read someplace else that the Master Race thing is only a joke, and indeed it is. However, it's a dank meme and I'm pretty sick and tired of it. Wherever I go, there's this PC gamer who gets up on everyone's face and says how their version of the game will run the best, with mods and with the best graphics and how the *insert witty insult* will stay with their inferior version. And frankly, that attitude is one of the reasons I rather stay on consoles because I wouldn't want to feel that I'm affiliated and associated to them.

I only game on consoles, and an occasional old PC game. My only means of fun is playing on my PS3, and on the PS4 I'll buy eventually, not by being a toxic person who pesters others because X game is exclusive and they won't get to play it.

I buy consoles for their exclusive games, the ones they have or the ones that i know they will get, and as HUGE souls fan, Bloodborne is right now the Biggest and ONLY reason for me to have a PS4, i know more games will come out this year and next year that will justify my purchase of a PS4 even more, BUT regardless of that BLOODBORNE is the biggest reason for me to OWN a PS4, and not even the other games coming out later (like MGS V, Persona 5 or Uncharted 4) come even close to being as much of a reason to buy a PS4 like Bloodborne.

Exclusives give VALUE to consoles, if Bloodborne becomes Multiplat then i would feel like i WASTED the 500 dollars that i spent on my PS4 becuase i could have used that money to just upgrade my PC and play the best version of Bloodborne that would be the PC version, its ture that "ease of use" is another reason to buy a console instead of a PC, BUT for me its not a good reason enough on its own to buy a Console.

And if we go by your logic and make every game available in every system and eliminate exclusives just so everyone can enjoy them, then i would have TRULY just WASTED 500 dollars on my PS4... money that i could have spent improving my PC to play the Best versions of those games...

So to answer your question:

NO, Bloodborne going multiplat WOULD NOT stop me from enjoying the game just as much as i am enjoying it right now that it is an exclusive, (just like Deus Ex, Skyrim, Battlefield and GTA being multiplats didnt stop me from enjoying them as much as i did), BUT it would HOWEVER DESTROY the MAIN REASON why i bought a PS4, and those 500 dollars that i spent on it would look like a WASTE to me.

Around the Network

It's possible that a lot of people are missing the point of the medium, but have you ever considered that rallying and taking sides and being really involved in the politics of gaming is part of the fun? Perhaps we wouldn't be doing it if we didn't gain some satisfaction from it.

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

rolltide101x said:
JayWood2010 said:

Me and my friend was playing Bloodborne last night and then he told me that people are making a petition for Bloodborne not to be ported to PC.......I just was in a state of "wow that's dumb".  I mean I find it absolutely pathetic that people would go out of their way just to make a petition for something not to go to PC because its a precious exclusive.......

For starters how does it effect you as a person?  Its still the same game, just more people will get a chance to play it.  In fact both me and my friend would buy it again.  Secondly I stand by my statement that PC doesnt effect console sells.  Parents arent buying their son and daughter a gaming PC for christmas, theyre buying them a Xbox or PS.  I genuinely believe that PC+Console is the future, but that is for a different day plus im sure some people are tired of hearing me say that.

Anyways my point is that a game is a game, its about having fun, yet it most often comes down to "My console is better because it has this, this, and this", arguing about what somebody on the PR said and how we are robbed as gamers.  And do you really want to know what the worst thing about a console exclusive going PC is?  Its the ridicule and childish comments you read on the internet about that game and console being lesser than what it was before.  Not the fact that it isnt only on a console.  

And while we are at it, most people that says "PC Masterrace", its meant as a joke.  In reality, its the console warriors that are the Master Race arguing about which is better and fighting over exclusives.  

So are you playing games because theyre exclusive or because theyre fun?  What do you all think about the state of the gaming community?

PC gamers are by far the most "arrogant" gamers on average imo. PC gamers feel the need to mention they are PC gamers constantly..... No other game group does that

Post Handled - Conegamer

Alright guys, I know this post is pertinent to the OP but let's not let this thread devolve into bashing of one group of fans or another.  Keep it civil.  

People sign this petetion because they dont want their consoles being devalued. Asking for bloodborne for pc is like asking nintendo to go third party. 

For MS it makes sense to release a game on windows because they own windows. Youre asking sony who is since 20 years around making consoles to make seppuku. Its not fair and hypocritical.

JayWood2010 said:

Me and my friend was playing Bloodborne last night and then he told me that people are making a petition for Bloodborne not to be ported to PC.......I just was in a state of "wow that's dumb".  I mean I find it absolutely pathetic that people would go out of their way just to make a petition for something not to go to PC because its a precious exclusive.......

For starters how does it effect you as a person?  Its still the same game, just more people will get a chance to play it.  In fact both me and my friend would buy it again.  Secondly I stand by my statement that PC doesnt effect console sells.  Parents arent buying their son and daughter a gaming PC for christmas, theyre buying them a Xbox or PS.  I genuinely believe that PC+Console is the future, but that is for a different day plus im sure some people are tired of hearing me say that.

Anyways my point is that a game is a game, its about having fun, yet it most often comes down to "My console is better because it has this, this, and this", arguing about what somebody on the PR said and how we are robbed as gamers.  And do you really want to know what the worst thing about a console exclusive going PC is?  Its the ridicule and childish comments you read on the internet about that game and console being lesser than what it was before.  Not the fact that it isnt only on a console.  

And while we are at it, most people that says "PC Masterrace", its meant as a joke.  In reality, its the console warriors that are the Master Race arguing about which is better and fighting over exclusives.  

So are you playing games because theyre exclusive or because theyre fun?  What do you all think about the state of the gaming community?

Do you really not understand the implications behind losing exclusives? You can go the pity party route of "why don't you want more people to have access to having fun?"

But exclusives differentiate consoles and PC from each other. How many times have we seen "competition is good for the consumer" and "we shouldn't have PS2 level dominance again"? If all consoles have the same games, then there's no need for multiple consoles. Let's just have one console or one standardized PC. But that kills competition and innovation.

Avoiding something like that is not "politics". Avoiding something like that is looking out for our best interest both as a consumer (e.g. how our money is spent) and in the level of entertainment we receive from the medium.

I play a game because it's fun. But I also understand the necessity of exclusives. Next time you say "how does that affect you?" when somebody complains about an exclusive going to another platform, stop and think how it affects YOU. And not in the short term (oh, I get to play this game now!) but in the long term (devs aren't pushing the envelope anymore because there's no incentive to be better than "the other guys")

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Its really terrible...
My friends believe Im weird for playing mario and zelda while there like," We are manly and play GTA V and COD which makes us gamers".....
Then I tell them Im more of a gamer due to the variety I play and how I literally follow and read gaming news every day, but then they say," you arent a gamer you are just a guy who plays kiddie games, cod and gta are for gamers/adults like us."
Then I go -_-

your friend sucks. zelda is the pinnacle of gaming! :D