By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games is more About Politics than having Fun

rolltide101x said:

PC gamers are by far the most "arrogant" gamers on average imo. PC gamers feel the need to mention they are PC gamers constantly..... No other game group does that

I disagree, they dont really argue about games, exclusives, or sells.  They however expect high quality products and not half-assed ports.  They also "actually" notice pixel differences and frame rates.  Both my friends who are big into PC games noticed the frame rate of bloodborne immediately as an example.  30fps isnt what PC gamers are use to and on top of that Bloodborne dips back and forth so they notice things like that much quicker.  So in terms of console gamers pissing on each other about the power of consoles, PC gamers are just kind of looking at you like really, the PS4 and XBO are both underpowered.  However PC gamers dont get as involved as much with all the petty arguments.  They may make some comments here and there but to a much lesser extent as far as ive seen.

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

I disagree, they dont really argue about games, exclusives, or sells.  They however expect high quality products and not half-assed ports.  They also "actually" notice pixel differences and frame rates.  Both my friends who are big into PC games noticed the frame rate of bloodborne immediately as an example.  30fps isnt what PC gamers are use to and on top of that Bloodborne dips back and forth so they notice things like that much quicker.  So in terms of console gamers pissing on each other about the power of consoles, PC gamers are just kind of looking at you like really, the PS4 and XBO are both underpowered.  However PC gamers dont get as involved as much with all the petty arguments.  They may make some comments here and there but to a much lesser extent as far as ive seen.

30 FPS to 60 FPS makes very little difference in a 3rd person game. Good example of what I am talking about, Dark Souls 1 on PC is pretty much exactly the same in terms of gameplay to the console version except Blighttown, though more FPS is always better

PC gamers mention they are PC gamers where the rest of us do not unless the issue comes up..... 

rolltide101x said:
JayWood2010 said:

30 FPS to 60 FPS makes very little difference in a 3rd person game. Good example of what I am talking about lol

PC gamers mention they are PC gamers where the rest of us do not unless the issue comes up.....

It is a big difference actually, specially when youre use to it.

If you want to go across the forums and count how many people come out and say theyre PC gamers compared to how many people have an agenda for PS, NIntendo, XB, etc then i feel the numbers will be heavily lopsides

Even you have a PS logo avatar, so are you not saying anything?

JayWood2010 said:

It is a big difference actually, specially when youre use to it.

If you want to go across the forums and count how many people come out and say theyre PC gamers compared to how many people have an agenda for PS, NIntendo, XB, etc then i feel the numbers will be heavily lopsides

If you honestly believe that you must be completely inactive on news articles about gaming.

Nintendo has the least agenda, then Sony/Xbox about the same and then PC is by far the worst. Just an FYI I am a PC gamer as well..... I can run any game I want at 60 FPS and it makes very little difference on a 3rd person game. That is why 3rd person games never target 60 FPS like 1st person games

rolltide101x said:

PC gamers are by far the most "arrogant" gamers on average imo. PC gamers feel the need to mention they are PC gamers constantly..... No other game group does that

...says someone with a big fat "in your face" PS-logo as avatar. ;)

Around the Network
Conina said:
rolltide101x said:

...says someone with a big fat "in your face" PS-logo as avatar. ;)

I am not talking about here.....

If you was reading an article about a specific video game in the comments there is almost always a few PC gamers saying how it will be better on PC and how maybe you will get this game at 1080p etc. It even happens pretty regularly on www.playstationlifestyle.net 

JayWood2010 said:

Me and my friend was playing Bloodborne last night and then he told me that people are making a petition for Bloodborne not to be ported to PC.......I just was in a state of "wow that's dumb".  I mean I find it absolutely pathetic that people would go out of their way just to make a petition for something not to go to PC because its a precious exclusive.......

For starters how does it effect you as a person?  Its still the same game, just more people will get a chance to play it.  In fact both me and my friend would buy it again.  Secondly I stand by my statement that PC doesnt effect console sells.  Parents arent buying their son and daughter a gaming PC for christmas, theyre buying them a Xbox or PS.  I genuinely believe that PC+Console is the future, but that is for a different day plus im sure some people are tired of hearing me say that.

Anyways my point is that a game is a game, its about having fun, yet it most often comes down to "My console is better because it has this, this, and this", arguing about what somebody on the PR said and how we are robbed as gamers.  And do you really want to know what the worst thing about a console exclusive going PC is?  Its the ridicule and childish comments you read on the internet about that game and console being lesser than what it was before.  Not the fact that it isnt only on a console.  

And while we are at it, most people that says "PC Masterrace", its meant as a joke.  In reality, its the console warriors that are the Master Race arguing about which is better and fighting over exclusives.  

So are you playing games because theyre exclusive or because theyre fun?  What do you all think about the state of the gaming community?

It's absolutely ridiculous that gamers on the Internet have come to this.  And I've seen some stuff said on this board that was nearly as bad.  It's getting to the point where I avoid certain threads and comment sections, because it's tiring reading through all the idiocy.  The second someone uses the word fanboy as an argument, I dismiss what they have to say.   The second someone pulls out the PC Master Race card, I dismiss what they have to say.  The second someone truly wishes that a game is exclusive at the expense of other gamers, I dismiss what they have to say.  I don't have time for morons.  I used to think it was an age gap thing, but I see people my age and older being idiots too.

I play games because they're fun. I have a gaming PC, a Wii U, and a PS4, plus handhelds and all previous consoles last generation.  The only thing I can hope for, is that a game I want to play is available on any of the systems I own.  I don't concern myself with exclusivity and other dick-measuring contests.

I stopped taking your post serious when I got to the part parent's don't buy their kids gaming PCs over xbox/ps.

I got one when I wanted a ps2 lol.

rolltide101x said:

I am not talking about here.....

If you was reading an article about a specific video game in the comments there is almost always a few PC gamers saying how it will be better on PC and how maybe you will get this game at 1080p etc. It even happens pretty regularly on www.playstationlifestyle.net 

And if you read articles about multiplatform games on an Xbox site you will also find many commentaries from PS4 users saying how it will be better on PS4.

In articles about crossgen-titles you will find a lot of commentaries from PS4 + XBO users saying how much better their version is than the PS3/360/WiiU version.

rolltide101x said:
JayWood2010 said:

30 FPS to 60 FPS makes very little difference in a 3rd person game. Good example of what I am talking about, Dark Souls 1 on PC is pretty much exactly the same in terms of gameplay to the console version except Blighttown, though more FPS is always better

Dark Souls 1 on the PC is only 30fps, unless you activate 60fps in the mod.  Play Dark Souls 1 on the PC in 30fps, and then play Dark Souls 2 on the PC in 60fps. Night and day. Trying to go back to 30fps after being used to 60fps is a bit of an adjustment.