By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games is more About Politics than having Fun

Me and my friend was playing Bloodborne last night and then he told me that people are making a petition for Bloodborne not to be ported to PC.......I just was in a state of "wow that's dumb".  I mean I find it absolutely pathetic that people would go out of their way just to make a petition for something not to go to PC because its a precious exclusive.......

For starters how does it effect you as a person?  Its still the same game, just more people will get a chance to play it.  In fact both me and my friend would buy it again.  Secondly I stand by my statement that PC doesnt effect console sells.  Parents arent buying their son and daughter a gaming PC for christmas, theyre buying them a Xbox or PS.  I genuinely believe that PC+Console is the future, but that is for a different day plus im sure some people are tired of hearing me say that.

Anyways my point is that a game is a game, its about having fun, yet it most often comes down to "My console is better because it has this, this, and this", arguing about what somebody on the PR said and how we are robbed as gamers.  And do you really want to know what the worst thing about a console exclusive going PC is?  Its the ridicule and childish comments you read on the internet about that game and console being lesser than what it was before.  Not the fact that it isnt only on a console.  

And while we are at it, most people that says "PC Masterrace", its meant as a joke.  In reality, its the console warriors that are the Master Race arguing about which is better and fighting over exclusives.  

So are you playing games because theyre exclusive or because theyre fun?  What do you all think about the state of the gaming community?

Post Handled - Conegamer

Around the Network

Fun

If it's anything else, you're not having fun and are better off not playing video games.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

I don't think I've had a whole lot of fun in Bloodbourne. It's been incredibly nervous and terrifying, and I've got very angry with it, but "fun"? More "satisfying".

People worry far too much about different consoles, different exclusives and the stereotypical demographic of that console. I'd much rather just play the games as opposed to the console; no point getting attached to something so meaningless after all.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Its really terrible...
My friends believe Im weird for playing mario and zelda while there like," We are manly and play GTA V and COD which makes us gamers".....
Then I tell them Im more of a gamer due to the variety I play and how I literally follow and read gaming news every day, but then they say," you arent a gamer you are just a guy who plays kiddie games, cod and gta are for gamers/adults like us."
Then I go -_-

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

EVERYTHING is about politics these days. Just look how every game gets analyzed about how it is sexist or not. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network

i'd vote for you, again.

This just made me for god knows what reason think of this song =P
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LnzYG0ZkrXg  (NSFW)
Seriously though it genuinely is all abut who has the bigger dick better console and not about enjoying said console with some (especially forum dwellers) and its quite sad really.

OfficerRaichu15 said:
you arent a gamer you are just a guy who plays kiddie games,

Well about that, sorry to tell you........;P Lol im just kidding haha

I, of course, play games for fun, but exclusivity does make a console more appealing.
The state of the gaming community is, well, definitely affected by 'politics' but that could go for anything

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

JayWood2010 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:
you arent a gamer you are just a guy who plays kiddie games,

Well about that, sorry to tell you........;P Lol im just kidding haha

HAHA

Yeah buts it annoying because I can talk about many games they never even heard of like Uncharted 4(Somehow they havent heard of Uncharted which made me go HOW?) and XCX(niche rpg so I understand)....

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3