By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales -Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki week 14 2015 (March 30 - April 5, 2015)

PS4 releases schedule:

04/09 - Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin
04/16 - Saints Row IV: Re-Elected + Gat out of Hell
04/23 - Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II
04/23 - Toukiden: Kiwami
04/23 - BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend
04/23 - Tropico 5
05/14 - Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster
05/14 - Borderlands Collection
05/21 - The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
05/28 - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood
06/04 - Natsuiro High School: Seishun Hakusho
06/11 - Alien: Isolation
06/18 - Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
06/23 - Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward
06/25 - Chaos;Child
07/16 - Batman: Arkham Knight
09/02 - Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Around the Network

Great legs for Mario Party 10, fun game.

Quite decent performance by Xenoblade 3D. Hopefully it'll convince a few people to buy X.

Ryng_Tolu said:
theprof00 said:

I'm talking about when it was only 2-3 years old smh

PS3 basis was +10,000 in 2008...

I said 8000 and you're saying it was 10, and I was saying 16 is better than ps3.

Is there a point you're trying to make, because I'm not sure I'm getting it.

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:

I can help.  The PS4 needs to average about 26k per week from March 2015 until March 2016 just to catch up to the PS3 I think.

Using average weeks to make any kind of prediction whatsoever is faulty.

Around the Network
uran10 said:
So for anyone who has been following the Japanese market for a while, does it look like the market is recovering?

No. Both software and hardware are declining and it's becoming the worst year for Japan since 1990.

Embrace Smartphones.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

kowenicki said:
theprof00 said:

I can help.  The PS4 needs to average about 26k per week from March 2015 until March 2016 just to catch up to the PS3 I think.

The PS4 is merely about 250k behind launches aligned (using VGC figures, so the first 54 weeks of both consoles). And the PS3 had started its second holiday by now (the PS3 launched in the week ending 12th november, 2006) while the PS4 has only has only had a single holiday. So it's not really an apt comparison, because you have to take in account holidays, and different launch dates. You can pull this comparison in a few years, because by then, the PS4 should have had enough holidays that the difference in launch dates would be negligible.

ryuzaki57 said:
So Type-HD sells twice more than Xeno 3D while being twice more expensive. What's the reference for JRPGs again?

10K more for Estival Versus, SAO still beasting, PS family still well ahead... Good times, yes.

You... cant... help... yourself..... Seriously you do this like all the time, Weird a** comparisons XD

Teeqoz said:
kowenicki said:

The PS4 is merely about 250k behind launches aligned (using VGC figures, so the first 54 weeks of both consoles). And the PS3 had started its second holiday by now (the PS3 launched in the week ending 12th november, 2006) while the PS4 has only has only had a single holiday. So it's not really an apt comparison, because you have to take in account holidays, and different launch dates. You can pull this comparison in a few years, because by then, the PS4 should have had enough holidays that the difference in launch dates would be negligible.

Kowen aside, he's a smart guy. He's just attempting to explain something someone else said. We don't actually know if that was the intention Rolu was making, though Kowen should have corrected him if that was the case.

I wouldn't be surprised if Rolu is simply repeating something someone else said, anyway.

theprof00 said:
Teeqoz said:
kowenicki said:

Kowen aside, he's a smart guy. He's just attempting to explain something someone else said. We don't actually know if that was the intention Rolu was making, though Kowen should have corrected him if that was the case.

I'm fully aware that Kowen is a smart guy. I was just attempting to explain why launches aligned comparisons aren't always neccesarily 100% fair