By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales -Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki week 14 2015 (March 30 - April 5, 2015)

tak13 said:

Will ps4 face a drought or not hve constant game releases?It was getting two or more games(At most they were relevant and some major) every week since mid January till previous week!:O

When it's the next relevant ps4 game release?

September - Metal Gear Solid V as far as I'm concerned.

I'd imagine people will bring up FFX HD and Toukiden but they're not relevant.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

Indeed is what i said...

Withouth games, the PS4 basis will be 12,000/15,000.

If you recall, that's actually double the ps3's week to week. Quite good. A million a year in a country that usually does a total of 3-5m per console.

PS3 is a 9 years old console...

tak13 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

Steep drop for ps4 as expected for me...
Ps4 since mid January till previous week,was getting 2 or more game releases every week,major or relevant at most and they were boosting the sales or retain them high(40ks/32k+),a fact that misled some people...
We should always wait for drought or not relevant game releases weeks to come to conclusions! Does ps4 have a relevant game release for this week?If not,I expect further drop,if that not happens then ps4 might got a 22-24k baseline,which is decent or something more than decent,since we are talking about a home console and Japan!

It's got Dark Souls 2. So that may help a bit.

I thik a lot of souls fans already jumped on with bloodborne!Am I wrong?:P The game doesn't seem to have some steam on comg but miracles happen!Look at xenoblade 3D 26points=57k sales f@cking 1:2200 ratio WOW!:p

But it had 70 sales points and comg favors ps titles, meaning ps games have a smaller point-sales ratio.

Yeah, i think that Wii U will win the goden week.
possible +40,000 for Wii U in this week.

Kresnik said:
tak13 said:

Will ps4 face a drought or not hve constant game releases?It was getting two or more games(At most they were relevant and some major) every week since mid January till previous week!:O

When it's the next relevant ps4 game release?

September - Metal Gear Solid V as far as I'm concerned.

I'd imagine people will bring up FFX HD and Toukiden but they're not relevant.

The PS4 hasn't had two or more MGSV style relevant games per week though, so I think his definition of relevant is a bit lower than yours.

I'd say anything that can open at around 50k or more is "relevant" in that it'll help keep the baseline up. But it does indeed look like there'll be quite the drought in Japan during the summer months, for both consoles.

Around the Network

Famitsu have XBO at 292 and Media Create at 902... what the hell?

Nice for Xenoblade! It would do better than the original version if it wasn't New3DS exclusive. I'm expecting PS4 to drop in the following weeks and WiiU to rise with XCX and DQ.

Nintendo truly in need of a new handheld asap. Sony doing very well for instance, despite the PS4 drop (expected).

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Ryng_Tolu said:
theprof00 said:

If you recall, that's actually double the ps3's week to week. Quite good. A million a year in a country that usually does a total of 3-5m per console.

I'm talking about when it was only 2-3 years old smh

theprof00 said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I'm talking about when it was only 2-3 years old smh

PS3 basis was +10,000 in 2008...