By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan Sales -Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki week 14 2015 (March 30 - April 5, 2015)

OfficerRaichu15 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

Steep drop for ps4 as expected for me...
Ps4 since mid January till previous week,was getting 2 or more game releases every week,major or relevant at most and they were boosting the sales or retain them high(40ks/32k+),a fact that misled some people...
We should always wait for drought or not relevant game releases weeks to come to conclusions! Does ps4 have a relevant game release for this week?If not,I expect further drop,if that not happens then ps4 might got a 22-24k baseline,which is decent or something more than decent,since we are talking about a home console and Japan!

It's got Dark Souls 2. So that may help a bit.

I thik a lot of souls fans already jumped on with bloodbourne plus ds2 is predicted to do less than 20k on ps4 according to YSO.

I said the same!:P

Mr officer are you dazzled by the ratio of xenoblade 3D?It ended up with 26p on comg and sold 57k,which translates to 1:2200 ratio...

Around the Network
tak13 said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

I thik a lot of souls fans already jumped on with bloodbourne plus ds2 is predicted to do less than 20k on ps4 according to YSO.

I said the same!:P

Mr officer are you dazzled by the ratio of xenoblade 3D?It ended up with 26p on comg and sold 57k,which translates to 1:2200 ratio...

not reallydazzled more like

impressed

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

3DS is back to its throne. Good.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

So... I just realised that neither version of Rodea is even in top 30 on Famitsu.  Blimey.  Poor game :(

Otherwise... decent but not great from SRW, series is done for now anyway so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Good result from Xenoblade in my opinion.

Steep drop from Sword Art Online, sadly, and Disgaea is completely gone.  Boo :(

Minecraft legging nicely and pretty good result from EDF, imo.

Hardware wise... guess PS4 revival is over until the holidays.  Lol.

Could Wii U finally beat ps4 again in April(Im looking at golden week)?

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Teeqoz said:

It dropped a lot because last week and the week before it (and the week before that again ) had tons of new games releasing. Last week 4 new PS4 games released, which in total sold ~250k. This week 1 new PS4 game released, which sold 21k. That's why there was a steep decline from last week to this week. The decline will continue next week, but it won't be as steep.

Indeed is what i said...

Withouth games, the PS4 basis will be 12,000/15,000.

If you recall, that's actually double the ps3's week to week. Quite good. A million a year in a country that usually does a total of 3-5m per console.

Kresnik said:

So... I just realised that neither version of Rodea is even in top 30 on Famitsu.  Blimey.  Poor game :(

Otherwise... decent but not great from SRW, series is done for now anyway so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Good result from Xenoblade in my opinion.

Steep drop from Sword Art Online, sadly, and Disgaea is completely gone.  Boo :(

Minecraft legging nicely and pretty good result from EDF, imo.

Hardware wise... guess PS4 revival is over until the holidays.  Lol.

Will ps4 face a drought or not hve constant game releases?It was getting two or more games(At most they were relevant and some major) every week since mid January till previous week!:O

When it's the next relevant ps4 game release?

tak13 said:
Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

Steep drop for ps4 as expected for me...
Ps4 since mid January till previous week,was getting 2 or more game releases every week,major or relevant at most and they were boosting the sales or retain them high(40ks/32k+),a fact that misled some people...
We should always wait for drought or not relevant game releases weeks to come to conclusions! Does ps4 have a relevant game release for this week?If not,I expect further drop,if that not happens then ps4 might got a 22-24k baseline,which is decent or something more than decent,since we are talking about a home console and Japan!

It's got Dark Souls 2. So that may help a bit.

I thik a lot of souls fans already jumped on with bloodborne!Am I wrong?:P The game doesn't seem to have some steam on comg but miracles happen!Look at xenoblade 3D 26points=57k sales f@cking 1:2200 ratio WOW!:p

Well, Bloodborne surely is a great game and definitely a lot of souls fans jumped on, but dark souls is heavily inspired by the hit manga series Berserk, which is a cult phenomenon in Japan. It's possible that there are yet these fans left to jump on. That's entirely questionable however, if they would be willing to buy a ps4 for a game they likely already had on ps3.

EDIT: Also, big drops second week are normal, especially for Japan. Huge drops are not uncommon.

OfficerRaichu15 said:

The Wii U should win golden week. Would be awful if it lost when it gets DQX V3 and XCX in that week.

Teeqoz said:
OfficerRaichu15 said:

The Wii U should win golden week. Would be awful if it lost when it gets DQX V3 and XCX in that week.

I expect both over 20k and possibly over 30k

Bets:

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?