By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games That Were Suppose To Sell Very Well/Huge, But Failed to Do So? (Devs+Publishers Expectations, not Fans)

bananaking21 said:
RolStoppable said:
BioShock Infinite and Dead Space 3. They most likely put an end to both IPs.

the sad thing is that bioshock sold 6 million units. i mean holy fuck. 

6mil? So shouldnt that not count? Wat were developers expecting 15mil!? :0

Around the Network
JayWood2010 said:

TitanFall went on to sell 4.29m at retail. Including digital probably passed 5m. Im not sure how that isnt very well.

And id say Sunset Overdrive.  While itll probably pass 1m by the end of this year, i would have expected a little higher by this time

Took out Titanfall, seems i made a mistake and took hype over devs expectations. I really thought i read somewhere Titanfall was suppose to be COD big, and though 4mil-5mil is huge, its nowhere near COD huge lol............. Damn made my thread look like a joke :-/

Watch Dogs, Destiny, Driveclub, The order, Infamous First Light, Super Mario 3D world, Rise, Forza Horizon 2, Mario Kart 8.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

tbone51 said:
bananaking21 said:

the sad thing is that bioshock sold 6 million units. i mean holy fuck. 

6mil? So shouldnt that not count? Wat were developers expecting 15mil!? :0

no idea. i dont really understand what happened with them and why they were shut down. 

RolStoppable said:
BioShock Infinite and Dead Space 3. They most likely put an end to both IPs.

Dead Space 3 was awful, so low sales were warranted.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network

Super Mario Sunshine

tbone51 said:

Took out Titanfall, seems i made a mistake and took hype over devs expectations. I really thought i read somewhere Titanfall was suppose to be COD big, and though 4mil-5mil is huge, its nowhere near COD huge lol............. Damn made my thread look like a joke :-/

Lol no big deal but sadly you werent the only one that put that. But nah it wont be CoD big but it will go into EA's blockbusters for their 3 year rotation.  Its in the top 3 selling games for XBO and with PS4 for TF2 i can imagine the franchise growing with it even more

Sunset Overdrive
Freedom Wars
Soul Sacrifice
Killzone Mercinaries
Donkey Kong TF
Wii Fit U

Just no at people saying Smash Bros

tbone51 said:

~KI:U

Could you give us a link to where Nintendo say they expect that to sell more than 1.2 million...?

Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale