By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix aiming to make Simultaneous releases Standard

In the past Square Enix and other developers used to fight over the Japanese market, but that has changed. They now target the European and North American markets which far exceed the Japanese one, as Japanese games appeal to the Western regions more and more. 
Square Enix used to translate their games and release them overseas after a couple of months, but that's about to change says Square Enix's president, Yoichi Wada: "We aim to make simultaneous releases a standard".

One example of the change we can see with The Last Remnant, which is Square Enix's first game that will have a simultaneous worldwide release. One can only hope Final Fantasy XIII will have a simultaneous release, too.

Link - http://www.forever-fantasy.net/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1045&mode=&order=0&thold=0 

Around the Network

FFXIII would be nice :p.

After all this waiting for The Crystal Bearers, it better be a worldwide release too.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Well it's about time, I hope other Japanese devs follow suit!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I hope so too! There really is no excuse anymore!

Around the Network

Let's hope they follow through with this, EU usually seem to have to wait a year before a game comes out, by the time FFXII came out, it was over shadowed by the new generation of gaming consoles as Wii had settled in and PS3 was about to launch.

Hmm, pie.

Well MGS4 is getting a simulteneous release

DMC 4 ALMOST got one

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@The Fury

I know what you mean, if FF XII came out any later i would have played it on my PS3 :D (if the BC would have allowed at the time anyway)

I really hope they start to do this as it is a joke us in the EU having to wait months and months after the US release of the game to get it. I guess it is less of a problem now with regionless games :D

with PS3 having no region-lock, it makes no sense to delay anything anymore. People will just import them from US and the only one suffering are the retailers.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@kingofwale

+1 for you :D