By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square-Enix aiming to make Simultaneous releases Standard

Squall_Leonhart said:
It would be great to have FFXIII to play with at the same time when the Japanese get it, wouldn't feel left out anymore lol!

I hope Sony take up this strategy also :D

Sony is nothing to Nintendo. We ( PAL ) get to wait until AT LEAST summer for Smash Bros.

Around the Network

Who said anything about me caring about what Nintendo do...? I was only saying that i hope Sony take up this strategy as i own a PS3 and would like to have games the same time as Japan etc...

Squall_Leonhart said:
Who said anything about me caring about what Nintendo do...? I was only saying that i hope Sony take up this strategy as i own a PS3 and would like to have games the same time as Japan etc...

I just said that Sony does its best to release its games as close as possible between each region and slammed Nintendo because they suck at it.

outlawauron said:
ClaudeLv250 said:
After all this waiting for The Crystal Bearers, it better be a worldwide release too.

Have we actually heard or seen anything about that for a while?

Current theory suggests that Squeenix is keeping a lid on the hype for this game for fear of causing confusion about their WiiWare game.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

@rout

Ah i see, i thought you were saying that there is no need to mention Sony in this discussion :P

Read what you said wrong! Sony do seem to be better than Ninty when it comes to release dates, but they are still a bit too far apart for my liking (considering that here in the EU is always left till last).

I know that all the languages make it take longer but they could just wait till that is done and then release them all, like they seem to be wanting to do now :D

Around the Network

Yes but For EU I used to understand..

as there are SO MANY LANGUAGES in the EUropean continent, the localisation was the main problem..but now I see they are putting the localisation into the dev schedule

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Didn't they announce this a while ago? Every time I'd bring in up, somebody would go, "Nuh-uh! FFXIII will be out in Japan in 2009 and everywhere else liek years later!11!"

Squall_Leonhart said:
@rout

Ah i see, i thought you were saying that there is no need to mention Sony in this discussion :P

Read what you said wrong! Sony do seem to be better than Ninty when it comes to release dates, but they are still a bit too far apart for my liking (considering that here in the EU is always left till last).

I know that all the languages make it take longer but they could just wait till that is done and then release them all, like they seem to be wanting to do now :D

Tell me about it.  I suffered through over a year of delays for Twilight Princess. :'(

It was worth the wait, though! :D 

Its about time that they did something like that, i mean the EU is a massive gaming region and companies cannot afford to treat us like shit anymore in regard to release dates, even though we buy the games anyway regardless lol!

This news might not mean other regions actually get the game sooner than they would of anyway, might just mean they will delay the jpn launch for the same time, althought it probally will actually mean faster realeses especially for the EU.