By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you guys prefer, Bloodborne or the Souls games?

?

Bloodborne 158 69.60%

Demon's/Dark Souls 69 30.40%

Total:227

Souls games -> They have a much better setting and are more RPG-oriented!

Around the Network

Bloodborne in every aspect

Never play a Soul game, but BloodBorne is awesome.

I did not expect any game to top Dark Souls, but Bloodborne actually did for me. Bloodborne > Dark Souls > Demon's Souls > Dark Souls 2. I think all are amazing though.

Souls, it allows much more variety in character builds, weapons and armor, and while I really like the setting and atmosphere in Bloodborne, Dark Souls also has more varied locations...that said, Bloodborne is a great game.

Around the Network

I enjoyed the MP better in the souls game.. Getting summoned and help them was great. Especially the end boss in Dark souls were possible helped 30-40 people... Hate ringing the bell :(.

Ali_16x said:
Kami said:

Given that it takes a Proprietry license to even use the PhyreEngine why wouldn't sony claim these games? Havok has an animation engine (infamous series), a graphic engine (Destiny) and several others including their physics engine. According to Havok, Demon's Souls uses all of them so I'll just take their word and the word of most reliable sites. Why wouldn't Sony list it?

If you have access to this page (http://www.scedev.net/) click "tools and middleware" then click "ps3" then click "PhyreEngine", then "past projects" and look for Demon's Souls and tell me if you see it because I don't. Do the same thing but click PS4 this and see if Bloodborne uses it and they don't.

I'm assuming you don't have access to this page though, so you can belive what you want but I'll believe what sony tells me. 

It's like you didn't read my past post and see that there are games that are using PhyreEngine and are multiplatform. Also I looked for Havok Powered games on their own website and they don't even list any Souls games. Also even the wikipidea says they only used Havok for Physics so again I don't know where you're getting your information from. All you game me was some old website that isn't even used anymore. 

So the website for licensed playstation devs isn't used anymore? I guess that means no games are in devlopement for PS4. 

Wikipedia even list the Havok Engine as the main engine so now your just spitting false information with nothing to back it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demon%27s_Souls

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Kami said:
Ali_16x said:

It's like you didn't read my past post and see that there are games that are using PhyreEngine and are multiplatform. Also I looked for Havok Powered games on their own website and they don't even list any Souls games. Also even the wikipidea says they only used Havok for Physics so again I don't know where you're getting your information from. All you game me was some old website that isn't even used anymore. 

So the website for licensed playstation devs isn't used anymore? I guess that means no games are in devlopement for PS4. 

Wikipedia even list the Havok Engine as the main engine so now your just spitting false information with nothing to back it up.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Havok

It clearly says Havok is just used for Physics. Also Havok doesn't even do graphics, so what about that do you not understand? They used a seperate engine for graphics which all most all developers do when they use Havok for physics. 

Also the website you gave isn't even being used anymore because they haven't even updated its trademark for the website ie. at the bottom it clearly says this, All content, titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks or copyright material of their respective owners. ©2003 - 2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.

So yes, they aren't using this website anymore and it clearly says at the top to use another website.

So I don't know why you're trying to argue with me anymore since you clearly don't know what you're talking about, Havok is mainly used for physics and other things but not graphics and the graphics engine for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were PhyreEngine, end of story.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
Kami said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_games_using_Havok

It clearly says Havok is just used for Physics. Also Havok doesn't even do graphics, so what about that do you not understand? They used a seperate engine for graphics which all most all developers do when they use Havok for physics. 

Also the website you gave isn't even being used anymore because they haven't even updated its trademark for the website ie. at the bottom it clearly says this, All content, titles, publisher names, trademarks, artwork, and associated imagery are trademarks, registered trademarks or copyright material of their respective owners. ©2003 - 2013 Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. All rights reserved.

So yes, they aren't using this website anymore and it clearly says at the top to use another website.

So I don't know why you're trying to argue with me anymore since you clearly don't know what you're talking about, Havok is mainly used for physics and other things but not graphics and the graphics engine for Demon's Souls and Dark Souls were PhyreEngine, end of story.

Well the Box on my PS4 says the same thing so does that mean the PS4 isn't being used anymore? The website is still being used constantly, I and hundreds of other people with access post everyday so YES it is still being used. You just can't see it because you don't have access to it like I do so it redirected you to an old site. 

Havok doesn't do graphics (http://www.havok.com/products/vision-engine) HavokVision is what Destiny uses for graphics.

I'm sorry but that is by far the dumbest thing I have ever heard and you want to tell me that I don't know my stuff? I have provided links and proof, you have provided nothing but opinion and no facts.

Havok has a physics, animation, shader, sound, AI, graphics, and even a cloth simulator. Seriously I go to school for this type of thing, I have access to stuff you can't even see and you think you no more than me? Cute, now unless you have proof I'm right period.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

rolltide101x said:
XanderXT said:
Bloodbourne is much more easier than any Souls game. That makes it a bit better in my book.

Bloodborne is harder imo. I rarely died in my first playthrough in Dark 1 or Dark 2.

The firearms are useful so I didn't die as much because of them.