By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What do you guys prefer, Bloodborne or the Souls games?

?

Bloodborne 158 69.60%

Demon's/Dark Souls 69 30.40%

Total:227

Well, there's 3 games in the souls series, and bloodborne is definitely better, than dark souls 2, but I'm not sure if I like it more or less than Dark souls 1. Demon's souls is at the top of my list, but that might just be the nostalgia talking.

Around the Network

Right now I would say dark souls>bloodborne=demons' souls>dark souls 2.

Honestly I love all of them. However for environment, enemies, and general theme Bloodborne is by far my favorite. Dark Souls 1 is close 2nd.

The one everyone can enjoy, aka souls games.

Ongoing bet with think-man: He wins if MH4 releases in any shape or form on PSV in 2013, I win if it doesn't.

Bloodborne = Demon's Souls >>> Dark Souls >>>> Dark Souls 2

The Dark Souls 1 & 2 are not in the same level for me.

Edit - I changed my vote... I miss a lot of things from Demon's Souls like World Tendencies and stufs.

Around the Network

Dark Souls>Bloodborne>Demons Souls>>>Dark Souls 2

All excelent games by the way

BTW

Demon's Souls and Dark Souls uses Phyre Engine.

Others multiplatform games use it too... Havok is used to Physics.

Let me tell you that I've died more times in Bloodborne than on Demon Souls/Dark Soul series. I've raged less though--I think only once or twice have I wanted to smash something, but the funny think about clearing out those chalice dungeons is that they force you to get good, and by good I mean, you can't run away from the action and look for an opening.

In Bloodborne's lower Dept Chalice Dungeons: You'll need to slug it out and dodge quickly and effectively (the right timing is key). You'll need to parry when you're out of stamina or your fawked since the bosses rarely run out of stamina, and you need to use you're magical/consumable items to stay alive in this slug fest. (use them quickly while in fight)

None of these were necessary in the Souls Series, I beat those games with a wait and see approach on the bosses. Looking back, the shield made the fighting duller unless you could get the parry right, which I never could. It's probably that the soul games never forced me to learn to parry to survive the game.

While in Bloodborne, I came out of Chalice dungeons a transformed player; I can now be in a fight with 10+ regular enemies or 3 npc hunters and come out alive and victorious (this is without retreating/healing or picking them one by one. I'm on NG+ and enemies scale with your level and I'm having a blast fighting multiple enemies at once.

Maybe I could never master combat in the soul games; however, I don't think it was necessary to beat the game.