By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony PlayStation Home Console Shipments reach 370 million worldwide

Thanks to ZhugeEX over at GAF:

PlayStation Home Console shipments have now exceeded 370* million units across PS1, PS2, PS3 and PS4 since 1994. The milestone will have been hit in the final quarter of FY2014/15, the results of which are due to be released by Sony at the end of this month. Sony's Portable console shipments have now exceeded 90 million units giving the PlayStation family a total of 460 million hardware sales LTD

The below is some data I've had on my PC for a while and thought I'd share, it contains Sony Home console Production/unit shipments from 1994-2014.

Please take a look-

Sony PlayStation 4 Hardware Unit sales (Millions of units)

Sony PlayStation 3 Hardware unit sales (Millions of units)

Sony PlayStation 2 Hardware/Production unit sales (Millions of units)

Sony PlayStation Production unit sales (Millions of units)

Would anyone be able to help with PS1 shipments from 1994-1997?

*Based on Sony's FY2014/15 forecast for PS3/PS4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1023022

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network

congratulation!

That's insane!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ZhugeEX has an account here, if he wanted this to be shared here he would post it himself, now wouldn't he?

KyleeStrutt said:
ZhugeEX has an account here, if he wanted this to be shared here he would post it himself, now wouldn't he?

Yes I would haha. 

But it doesn't matter :)

Around the Network
KyleeStrutt said:

does ZhugeEX have exclusive rights to post infomation about Sony home console shipments? 

I first read this as "PS Home ships 370 million consoles"

bananaking21 said:

does ZhugeEX have exclusive rights to post infomation about Sony home console shipments? 

No, but he's the one that compiled all the info in an easy to read format.

But whatev, the man gave his approval, there's nothing for me to complain about.

Pretty crazy to think that within the next couple of Years we will see PlayStation home consoles break the 400 Million barrier.

Thanks for compiling the data, Jabbamk1/ZhugeEX

Pretty insane overall. By the time the PS4 is discontinued the entire brand would have sold over 500 million units.