By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Sunset Overdrive Receives Permanent Price Drop

Neodegenerate said:
DexInDaJungle said:

What about Halo 5, wouldn't that make 4? :P Since you're interested in MCC I assume you would be in the new game too.

For sure.  Though I expect Halo 5 to come out after QB.  If not, then replace QB with Halo 5 and the formula works the same for me.  I generally need 3 exclusives out for my second and third console per gen to buy them.  That way I can get two cheap (usually) and can almost guarantee that 1 of the 3 will be good enough for me to not feel like I wasted my money at that particular moment.

Halo 5 is announced for October 27th and QB is rumored for early 2016. Also you should look into getting the MCC bundle if/when you decide to get one :)

Around the Network

View on YouTube

I feel bad for Insomniac with this game. While it doesn't surprise me that sales weren't great given the colorful, zany, video gamey nature of it on a console with X1's primary COD type of market, what does bother me is the critical reception it got. The game is definitely on par with Insomniac's R&C series and should have an 88-90 on meta, and if it did it may have gotten just a little more piqued interest from the people on the fence about it. It's got a fun and complex system, humorous, cool art style, and celebrates being a video game. I really don't get what there was to dislike, aside from maybe the fact that it has a slow-ish start while you build up your skills and powers. People are way too insta-grat minded with games now (and everything else actually).

At any rate, hopefully this price cut will finally get some of those on the fence people to buy it that some of the critics may have scared away.

Buy it. Play it. Finish it. Fall in love with it. Buy the Season Pass. Play that too. Enjoy, and welcome to the club (:

Cool, I won't be supporting the dev or MS with my money so I'll buy a used copy for 20 bucks . JK

Around the Network

I just got it a couple days ago. So far I'm loving it. Kinda slow at the beginning, but once you get the controls down it's seriously fun.

It's been on sale for less than £10 in the UK, not really surprised

That is a pretty nice price I will get it when its $29.99 or less.

Now, change that awful box art.

That game looks fantastic, that and Forza H 2 are the games that I would buy if I had a XBO.