By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo needs a Direct, N- Oh, wait. Never mind.

spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Nintendo fans would be set if they would just buy a secondary console to hold them over. Nintendo will eventually humble themselves and work with third party. When they do you they and the fans will be better off because the true fans wont have to run elsewhere for games.

...Why on Earth would that help? If you bought a year subcription to Netflix, but there were no movies to watch for the first six months and no info as to why, no one would say "just buy a year subscription to Hulu to hold you over." That's not the point.

Because with droughts, Nintendo would've forced them to do it. I'm not the only person to think this way either. Microsoft had tons of droughts last gen but multiplats held their console gamers over until the exclusives came.

Around the Network

There has to be one in April. I hope so.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Because with droughts, Nintendo would've forced them to do it. I'm not the only person to think this way either. Microsoft had tons of droughts last gen but multiplats held their console gamers over until the exclusives came.

No, I'm not talking about 3rd party. I was referring to the second console.

spemanig said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

If Nintendo doesn't gather third party for their next console its suicide.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:

That's exactly why people believe they're going with the fusion idea; so that they don't need third parties to fill in the droughts.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
tbone51 said:
E3.... there's your direct. There's also a Sony and MS direct that week too :s

I hope you're joking.

I don't think he is.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

I literally just said that I wasn't talking about 3rd party.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:

Not if the "Fusion" really exist :0

TheGoldenBoy said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

That's exactly why people believe they're going with the fusion idea; so that they don't need third parties to fill in the droughts.

What greatness will the fusion bring? Most know that he who wins over third party wins the gen (or at least becomes a formidable opponent).

S.T.A.G.E. said:
spemanig said:

Or maybe Nintendo has accepted that they're likely not going to get great third party support for the NX early on and as such they have to carry the load early and sell the machine quickly out of the gates. I think some third parties at this point are just in the "fool me once, fool me twice" etc. category with Nintendo, they've tried it multiple times with Nintendo and now they aren't going to give Nintendo the benefit of the doubt. 

So Nintendo knows if they're going to build this NX thing they need to carry it at least early in the life cycle ... so maybe we'll see stuff like Zelda and a 3D Mario maybe early on. Bring the big guns early and try to establish as good of an install base as you can ... then maybe third parties may be amenable if there is a proven userbase, but not before.