By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo needs a Direct, N- Oh, wait. Never mind.

Last year, did Nintendo released a direct before e3?

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network

I'm honestly not that excited for the next Nintendo Direct

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I would prefer a Direct about 3DS, I am not particularly interested in Wii U anymore, I want Nintendo to get NX to replace Wii U asap.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Where are the games, why should I buy a system just for Xenoblade?
I do not care about games for small children so I do not care about Splatoon at all. And just two games to cover the whole year is just not enough! And where is the overdue price cut? Where are the 3rd party titles, where are games that can be enjoyed by older players? The Wii-U is already dead, I will most likely buy a PS4 with FFXV instead of a Wii-U with Zelda this year.

etking said:
Where are the games, why should I buy a system just for Xenoblade?
I do not care about games for small children so I do not care about Splatoon at all. And just two games to cover the whole year is just not enough! And where is the overdue price cut? Where are the 3rd party titles, where are games that can be enjoyed by older players? The Wii-U is already dead, I will most likely buy a PS4 with FFXV instead of a Wii-U with Zelda this year.

You says older gamers can't enjoy games that aren't M-rated? I'm 26 and I thoroughly enjoyed the likes of Mario Kart 8 and Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze.

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Last year, did Nintendo released a direct before e3?

They had a Japanese targeted one and a Europe/US targeted one for Smash in April 2014, then a Tomodachi Life one and a Mario Kart one in at the end of April.

They also had a South Korean direct on May 29th for Tomodachi life again.

Nintendo could do a direct whenever they like, maybe they'll have a few for the different games they have or one core one in April for a bunch of the games they've already announced.

I'm pretty curious about a Direct and what Nintendo is up to. With Xenoblade 3D and Splatoon, two major Releases knocking at hour doors but there wasn't a new Direct so far which promotes both Games.

And Europe seriously got an 3DS Software drought. Neither Nintendo is planning something beyond Xenoblade, but also the Third Parties are letting Europe down. Two new Etrian Games from Atlus, Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker (also Atlus) two new Games from XSEED/Marvelous (Story of Seasons, Forbidden Magna). The release of the Games are starting at the End of March till August I think. No words for any European Release. And yes, there are a few nice Day One Editions for the US of these Titles.

Guess all these Games landing digitally in the European eShop in a few month. If so, I will not support a single Game.

My wish for the next Direct: Project Zero (Fatal Frame) for the West. I don't get it why Koei Tecmo and Nintendo are so ignorant. After the delay of Zelda, the Wii U needs every god damn AAA Title. And yes, for me, Project Zero is still an AAA Franchise.

Be aware: English is not my native language. The Internetz is the only place I'm partly speaking this smooth language. And because my Signature is so boring, feel free to insert a lame Boob-Joke here: [Insert lame Boob-Joke here]

Warning: Nintendo and Übel Blatt Fangirl alert

They don't have much to throw in a regular Direct right now. Even 3DS has few games for the rest of 2015, most of them very niche. If Nintendo doesn't react by E3, it will mean that they definitely dropped the ball.

They need to be a bit more open with some stuff though - they delay Zelda U but don't show any progress; all we got in the awards show footage was some offscreen footage where you can't tell how anything actually looks. Whenever companies are overly-secretive of things before they're released I instantly think "this is going to be crap;" see Sonic Boom, Watch Dogs Wii U, etc. I know Nintendo isn't THAT bad, but it still raises alarms when they show nothing for years at a time.

RushJet1 on: 

Bandcamp

YouTube

Twitter

They do, since Zelda isn't appearing at E3 it would make the most sense to show it in a direct