By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo needs a Direct, N- Oh, wait. Never mind.

It's ridiculous that we currently have no firm release date for any upcoming Wii U games. I seriously have no clue what Nintendo are doing right now.

Around the Network

I just want a direct because im really bored xD i dont really am nervous with nintendo getting games out AT all, im all fine

Tbh I almost hope Nintendo has no other big holiday release, this is the only way to humble them and make them see they can't do this on their own, they need third parties.  There's only been 1 Wii U game release this year and it was a sub par Mario Party game.  The Wii U's game output is close to or is the worst in the history of consoles.

Koinzell said:

My wish for the next Direct: Project Zero (Fatal Frame) for the West. I don't get it why Koei Tecmo and Nintendo are so ignorant. After the delay of Zelda, the Wii U needs every god damn AAA Title. And yes, for me, Project Zero is still an AAA Franchise.

Yeah, it's insane that they are starving for games yet refuse to localize a finished one that fans have been crying out for.

It's a bad message to be sending: "we could give you this game you want, but we won't".

curl-6 said:
Koinzell said:

My wish for the next Direct: Project Zero (Fatal Frame) for the West. I don't get it why Koei Tecmo and Nintendo are so ignorant. After the delay of Zelda, the Wii U needs every god damn AAA Title. And yes, for me, Project Zero is still an AAA Franchise.

Yeah, it's insane that they are starving for games yet refuse to localize a finished one that fans have been crying out for.

I´m worried about the game being bad and having like a 65 score on Meta. I don´t know maybe they are not so confident about that game. 

But is going to be released anyways, the question is when.

Around the Network
Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

I´m worried about the game been bad and having like a 65 score on Meta. I donñt know maybe they are not so confident about that game. 

Mario Party 10 has a 66 on Metacritic, as does Wii Sports Club. Wii Party U has a 65. It's not like they haven't published critical flops before.

At this point, anything's better than nothing. They need every game they can get.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

I´m worried about the game been bad and having like a 65 score on Meta. I donñt know maybe they are not so confident about that game. 

Mario Party 10 has a 66 on Metacritic, as does Wii Sports Club. Wii Party U has a 65. It's not like they haven't published critical flops before.

At this point, anything's better than nothing. They need every game they can get.

Not, those are normal scores for party games, not for an overhyped horror game that people have been waiting too many time now.

And you consider that Xenoblade, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Yoshi and Star Fox are just the icing  while Zelda is the entire cake... LOL

I´m sorry but you are clearly strengthening the fact that "Nintendo gamers only buy consoles for zelda and mario" and that´s dissapointing to say the least. So WiiU probably has the best game of this year but is just a little cherry on a big cake... Again, you are only truly worried about the sales.

Goodnightmoon said:
curl-6 said:

Not, those are normal scores for party games, not for an overhyped horror game that people have been waiting so many time now.

And you consider that Xenoblade, Splatoon, Mario Maker, Yoshi and Star Fox are just the icing  while Zelda is the entire cake... LOL

I´m sorry but you are clearly strengthening the fact that "Nintendo gamers only buy consoles for zelda and mario" and that´s dissapointing to say the least. So WiiU probably has the best game of this year but is just a little cherry on a big cake... Again, you are only truly worried about the sales.

Nintendo promoted and pushed Sonic Boom, a game with a 32 on Metacritic.

And let's face it, far more Wii U owners would have bought a system wanting to play a HD Zelda than play Xenoblade or Splatoon. Ever since the system's reveal back at e3 2011, that was one of its primary selling points.

curl-6 said:
Goodnightmoon said:

Not, those are normal scores for party games, not for an overhyped horror game that people have been waiting so many time now.

Nintendo promoted and pushed Sonic Boom, a game with a 32 on Metacritic.

And let's face it, far more Wii U owners would have bought a system wanting to play a HD Zelda than play Xenoblade or Splatoon. Ever since the system's reveal, that was one of its primary selling points, hence the infamous E3 2011 tech demo.

Is not the same situation man. Sega had a contract to release 3 sonic games on WiiU, the game turned it up to be bad but the damage was already done, the game was announced time ago to come on the west. And everyone knows that if the game is bad, Sega is guilty, everyone knows that Sega does Sonic, no way to hurt the Nintendo reputation for that.

And guess what, curl, Zelda is one of the primary selling points... for ALL Nintendo consoles, not only WiiU , as Uncharted is for ps4 and Halo for xbox. But is just ONE.

I didn´t buy my WiiU for Zelda, I did it for Mk8, SS4, 3D World, Pikmin 3, Bayo 2, Xenoblade and Zelda. Now there´s no Zelda on 2015... but Nintendo has surprised me a lot with Splatoon, a game for what I would buy the console again If i didn´t have it already. And Star Fox was another reason to buy the console that came later. Could be even more reasons if they drop a bomb like Metroid (I have my doubts about it, but is clearly possible, remember the little samus on reggie´s jacket 2 years ago? remember Metroid Trilogy at 10$ on the Eshop and being one of the most downloaded games on the console? they were testing the audience, and the response has been very clear, they want a new Metroid)

But the most important thing is that: ZELDA IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE

I mean, even in the worst scenario, the game is coming to WiiU. Just one year later.

Goodnightmoon said:

Is not the same situation man. Sega had a contract to release 3 sonic games on WiiU, the game turned it up to be bad but the damage was already done, the game was announced time ago to come on the west. And everyone knows that if the game is bad, Sega is guilty, everyone knows that Sega does Sonic, no way to hurt the Nintendo reputation for that.

And guess what, curl, Zelda is one of the primary selling points... for ALL Nintendo consoles, not only WiiU , as Uncharted is for ps4 and Halo for xbox. But is just ONE.

I didn´t buy my WiiU for Zelda, I did it for Mk8, SS4, 3D World, Pikmin 3, Bayo 2, Xenoblade and Zelda. Now there´s no Zelda on 2015... but Nintendo has surprised me a lot with Splatoon, a game for what I would buy the console again If i didn´t have it already. And Star Fox was another reason to buy the console that came later. Could be even more reasons if they drop a bomb like Metroid (I have my doubts about it, but is clearly possible, remember the little samus on reggie´s jacket 2 years ago? remember Metroid Trilogy at 10$ on the Eshop and being one of the most downloaded games on the console? they were testing the audience, and the response has been very clear, they want a new Metroid)

But the most important thing is that: ZELDA IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE

I mean, even in the worst scenario, the game is coming to WiiU. Just one year later.

3 games above all others drew buyers to Wii U; Mario Kart, Smash, and HD Zelda. The first two have come and gone, all that's left it Zelda, and now it's been pushed back indefinitely. Nothing announced at present is big enough to take its place, of course gamers will feel shortchanged.

And I'm not so confident about Zelda not going anywhere. I feel I can no longer trust Nintendo.