By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - XBOX ONE will dominate this holiday homies!

Ka-pi96 said:
celador said:
Well MS should have a good lineup for the holiday considering their output for the first 8 months of the year.

Not sure if it is entirely intentional or just how things have worked out for them, but they seem to have 90% of their focus on the holidays.

Well Phil did say "The battle is really September, October, November, and December."
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/08/12/i-want-to-win-this-generation-says-xbox-boss-phil-spencer.aspx

Not sure of he said that just because they were losing every NPD at the time, or because it is what he actually believes. It is pretty misguided to discount the first eight months of the year. Sony showed in the US that being strong in that period is enough to balance out even heavy losses at the end of the year.

Around the Network

Pretty much so at this point. Add in the exclusitivity deal with Activision and it could be another great holiday season for Microsoft.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kami said:

If you're an Xbox One owner sure the line up is good but games like Titanfall, Project Spark, and Killer Instict virtually had no impact on Microsfts success. Arguably the biggest game this year; Batman will actually help push PS4 sales due to Sony's better advertising plan, much like what they did with Destiny. Personally I believe people will buy what they see in variety. Xbox One lacks that variety that the PS4 has. PS4 has great internal support, the japanese developers and the much better 3rd party advertising plan. Micorsoft will definitely lose the sales battle and I mean by a lot because they have 0 chance to win the "year" in terms of sales, as to who has the better library? That is gonna be different from person to person. You're right about them building a library of great exclusives though. I dont think Tomb Raider will do anything for hardware sales that's a playstation game on the wrong platform really but Halo 5 will sell like hotcakes. 

I own a PS4 and Xbox One, but the Xbox One has been getting more play because it's had more exclusives available that I want to play. When Tekken comes on the PS4 I am turning that baby back on. I already know how great Sony is, but they aren't securing hits like Microsoft is even if the world doesn't know about it. This is coming from someone who games mostly on Sony (even though I game on multiple consoles), and I know that Sony's first two years are generally the worst, so I expect this until they build up their new IP's like I know they can. The Wii U is also getting some love from me this year. It will make a great third to my collection for the gen so I miss out on nothing.

Tomb Raider has gained a following after being on multiple consoles just like Dark Souls. It might persuade a couple of people to pick up an Xbox One just like Halo 5 will get quite a few people to get Xbox Ones this year. The PS4 has nothing really of note for the restof the year after Bloodborne and no Until Dawn wont even dent Microsofts exclusives and timed exclusives. 

I have a PS4 and Wii U and honestly if I were to get an Xbox One, Micosoft has done very little to persuade me and the masses to get one. Number don't lie and neither does list wars lol. Why would I get an Xbox One for Halo 5 when I get a PS4 that has a bigger library, more powerful hardware, good price, amazing first party and dominant 3rd party? These are questions with answers as to why Microsft hasn't beat the PS4 in sales WW for not 1 month. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Kami said:

In 2014 both Sony and Nintendo in my opinion won hands down. The only game the Xbox One had was MCC which was terrible in my opinion. People who commentate on games are simply going to bash the PS4 because it's on top and nothing is going to change that. The Wii won last generation hands down despite receiving the MOST hate from people late into it's life and the PS3 clearly outpaced the 360 despite what people were saying. Opinions differentiate from person to person as to what is better but if you take it from this point who released the most games? PS$ won by a massive landslide and will always be criticized the most because it's on top. 

Games like Bloodborne, The Order 1886, FFX/X-2 HD, Toukiden, Dragon Quest: Hereos, Until Dawn, and  R&C may not have the single HUGE impact Halo 5 will have but their collective impact will be far greater. In other words there is no way Micrososft wins the year, they've already lost it tbh.

Edit: Forgot to mention the PS4 has already won the 3rd party battle as well. 

that is exactly what i have always thought, not just with the PS4 but with the PS3 as well, Sony has never had huge games that sell as much as Halo, Gears, Mario, Zelda etc... but their consoles have always sold really well regardless of that, heck the PS3 is the "black sheep" of the family yet it is still sold 86 million units and counting  (could end at 90 or more), and the reason to that in my opinion is what you just said.

they might not have some of the hughest games out there, but they have a lot of games (western and japanese games) not to mention the variety in genres of games as well, that while not as big as the huge hitters in other consoles their collective impact will be very strong.

for some people UC4 being delayed just killed 2015 for the PS4, but im personally really hyped for this year starting with Bloodborne on monday and followed by a bunch of games like Neptunia Victory II, Persona 5, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, Omega Quintet and Metal Gear Solid V, and other people might be looking up for games like Rachet and Clank, Dragon Quest Heroes, Until Dawn etc. the thing is there is always something for someone.

Hooray for the 1,000 views!!!

Around the Network
Kami said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

I own a PS4 and Xbox One, but the Xbox One has been getting more play because it's had more exclusives available that I want to play. When Tekken comes on the PS4 I am turning that baby back on. I already know how great Sony is, but they aren't securing hits like Microsoft is even if the world doesn't know about it. This is coming from someone who games mostly on Sony (even though I game on multiple consoles), and I know that Sony's first two years are generally the worst, so I expect this until they build up their new IP's like I know they can. The Wii U is also getting some love from me this year. It will make a great third to my collection for the gen so I miss out on nothing.

Tomb Raider has gained a following after being on multiple consoles just like Dark Souls. It might persuade a couple of people to pick up an Xbox One just like Halo 5 will get quite a few people to get Xbox Ones this year. The PS4 has nothing really of note for the restof the year after Bloodborne and no Until Dawn wont even dent Microsofts exclusives and timed exclusives. 

I have a PS4 and Wii U and honestly if I were to get an Xbox One, Micosoft has done very little to persuade me and the masses to get one. Number don't lie and neither does list wars lol. Why would I get an Xbox One for Halo 5 when I get a PS4 that has a bigger library, more powerful hardware, good price, amazing first party and dominant 3rd party? These are questions with answers as to why Microsft hasn't beat the PS4 in sales WW for not 1 month. 

I agree that Sony is winning, but on the exclusives front they are dragging their legs. Multiple gaming outlets have even agreed that Sony needs to really start picking up the pace with the big guns because Microsoft spends like crazy when they are losing (like they are doing right now). Halo MCC is amazing. I'ved played all of the Halo's and i've never had this much fun playing them. This is truly great. My PS4 will get a lot of love. The truly unique games will be there, but I also cannot wait for God of War to be revealed! OMG I can't wait! Gametrailers had a discussion about it today. Its pretty much in the bag for Sony if they show a trailer. Microsoft will show Gears of War so I think E3 will most likely be a tie so far. If Scalebound is a hit I think Microsoft will beat Sony E3 as well again. Also, lets hope that Guerilla Games new IP is nice. :)

Kami said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

No one is forcing you to buy one. For many people though it's a great console with great exclusives. If xbone doing worse than ps4 sales wise means more exclusives for me i'm fine with it. PS4 is not that much of a beast as people pretend it to be. It could be in the future but it's not right now. And it certainly isn't better than xbone right now, for me at least.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
I posted on this before. Its pretty much in the bag unless E3 changes things. Nintendo and Sony have pretty much handed a second consecutive yearholiday to Microsoft.

Holidays are when Xbox is at its best, its never had a year.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kami said:

I agree that Sony is winning, but on the exclusives front they are dragging their legs. Multiple gaming outlets have even agreed that Sony needs to really start picking up the pace with the big guns because Microsoft spends like crazy when they are losing (like they are doing right now). Halo MCC is amazing. I'ved played all of the Halo's and i've never had this much fun playing them. This is truly great. My PS4 will get a lot of love. The truly unique games will be there, but I also cannot wait for God of War to be revealed! OMG I can't wait! Gametrailers had a discussion about it today. Its pretty much in the bag for Sony if they show a trailer. Microsoft will show Gears of War so I think E3 will most likely be a tie so far. If Scalebound is a hit I think Microsoft will beat Sony E3 as well again. Also, lets hope that Guerilla Games new IP is nice. :)

I'm not denying Microsft isn't doing good I'm just saying I still don't want one :p

I enjoy all of the e3's to be honest. I thought microsfts last few e3 conferences sucked with the 360 like they would just talk about Bing, Kinect, and voice commands. But the X1 has had some good e3s but nothing that really beat Playstations. I'm not saying PS was better I'm just saying they both did good and could do better. But Level 5, Insomniac, and Guerrilla games will be at  e3 for playstation. I doubt Scalebound no matter how good can mess with those 3 names. Still, knowing me I'll get and X1 eventually just not for Halo 5 and Tomb Raider lol. 

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Dr.Henry_Killinger said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
I posted on this before. Its pretty much in the bag unless E3 changes things. Nintendo and Sony have pretty much handed a second consecutive yearholiday to Microsoft.

Holidays are when Xbox is at its best, its never had a year.

I am not disputing sales, but rather games. I agree 100% on the sales aspect. Microsoft lost the year for sure on the sales end.