By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Will Halo 5 be delayed to 2016?

Yes 190 44.08%

No 198 45.94%

See Results 43 9.98%

Total:431

1.5% difference in results VGChartz as a whole have no idea. Although with an announced release date of October 17th 2014 it seems as though Microsoft are going to be spoiled sports and actually release they're game when they said they would.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

lol since when is Halo in the conversation of a Zelda and Uncharted game? This isn't Halo 2 in 2004. That was more than 10 years ago that Halo was even the conversation top game considerations.

COD is king, like it or not.

mikeslemonadeFromN4G said:
lol since when is Halo in the conversation of a Zelda and Uncharted game? This isn't Halo 2 in 2004. That was more than 10 years ago that Halo was even the conversation top game considerations.

I think you need to look at sales again. Halo games sell more than Zelda and Uncharted games.

darkenergy said:
Nem said:

Thats not what i heard about the beta at all. MCC was also broken for months.

I dont know how one can't assume that Halo 5 wont meet a similar result. Its obvious that 343 industries is struggling.

The beta was smooth, it was talk about in the Empire thread. 

343 is struggling? Where did you hear that? You are making things up.

Alright. A game that is broken at launch and takes months to fix isnt the developer struggling. Makes perfect sense... because games should come out buggy and unplayable out the door. I dont know how these things escape me.

After the Master Chief Collection fiasco, the Xbox One needs to take advantage of Halo 5 being the last man standing in 2015 to give them a massive boost during the holiday season.

Possible problems would be online issue's, does not live up to the quality of the main Halo series, simply is not ready for release in 2015 or people just not being as into Halo as they used to be.

This is the Game of Thrones

Where you either win

or you DIE

Around the Network
Nem said:
darkenergy said:

The beta was smooth, it was talk about in the Empire thread. 

343 is struggling? Where did you hear that? You are making things up.

Alright. A game that is broken at launch and takes months to fix isnt the developer struggling. Makes perfect sense... because games should come out buggy and unplayable out the door. I dont know how these things escape me.

The different games in the collection were outsourced to multiple devs. 343's main team has been Halo 5 since 2012. So no, 343 is not struggling. Their focus is on the main game.

jlmurph2 said:
Nem said:

The different games in the collection were outsourced to multiple devs. 343's main team has been Halo 5 since 2012. So no, 343 is not struggling. Their focus is on the main game.

Doesnt that mean it was outsourced because they couldnt handle it? I'm pretty sure there were 343 people on stage at E3 promoting the game. 343 industries logo is in the box, but i guess they have nothing to do with it. 343 industries also made the statements about the state of the game and brought the patches in. 

Nem said:
jlmurph2 said:

Doesnt that mean it was outsourced because they couldnt handle it? I'm pretty sure there were 343 people on stage at E3 promoting the game. 343 industries logo is in the box, but i guess they have nothing to do with it. 343 industries also made the statements about the state of the game and brought the patches in. 

It means that Halo 5 is what needs to be focused on.

Ports get outsourced all the time. Of course 343 did something (Halo 2 Anniversary) but that doesn't mean that their whole company as a whole is struggling to make games. As you can see from Halo 5's release date being announced it didn't hinder them to stay in this year.

Halo 5 won't be delayed!

jlmurph2 said:
mikeslemonadeFromN4G said:

I think you need to look at sales again. Halo games sell more than Zelda and Uncharted games.

I was referring to quality and in terms of what is relevant.  Halo hasn't been in the conversation of game of the year.