By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Will Halo 5 be delayed to 2016?

Yes 190 44.08%

No 198 45.94%

See Results 43 9.98%

Total:431

Everyone wants it to so that the battle of the three titans is a reality. But Micro would loose a big opportunity if they didn't release it.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Nem said:
hudsoniscool said:

Lol I find it funny that so many people in this thread are saying something along these lines. Halo 4 was fine. The halo 5 beta that releases LAST year was smother than most games. Yet people say or hope I'm not sure which that the game is gunna be a buggy rushed mess. Considering h5 will have a 3 year dev time and twice the man hours put in than 4, I don't get why everyone is saying it will be rushed. I guess if the game isn't delayed then it's rushed, at least on the other platforms. Lots of wishful thinking by people... So sad.

Thats not what i heard about the beta at all. MCC was also broken for months.

I dont know how one can't assume that Halo 5 wont meet a similar result. Its obvious that 343 industries is struggling.

The beta was smooth, it was talk about in the Empire thread. 

343 is struggling? Where did you hear that? You are making things up.

Proud to be a Californian.

Halo 5 will be released in September.

We had a functional beta in December last year. It had issues and bugs but what AAA game wouldn't nearly a year from release.

generic-user-1 said:

halo is just a joke, bad gunplay, slow gameplay, realy bad mp posibilitys, no modsupport. thats not a good FPS...

an you think the average wiiu owner is under 16? realy?

How about this... maybe Halo just isn't for you? This is why many options exist.

You know the drinking age isn't 16 everywhere.

Sorry, most adults I meet that play games enjoy Playstation and Xbox. I don't see many talking about Nintendo. Nintendo is something many enjoyed as kids... but most moved away from Nintendo.

A lot of adults had the Wii, but we all know that was a fad. Regardless, Wii was a primarily young audience as well. Nintendo primarily appeals to a young audience and that's okay.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
generic-user-1 said:

halo is just a joke, bad gunplay, slow gameplay, realy bad mp posibilitys, no modsupport. thats not a good FPS...

How about this... maybe Halo just isn't for you? This is why many options exist.

Sorry, most adults I meet that play games enjoy Playstation and Xbox. I don't see many talking about Nintendo. Nintendo is something many enjoyed as kids... but most moved away from Nintendo.

A lot of adults had the Wii, but we all know that was a fad. Regardless, Wii was a primarily young audience as well. Nintendo primarily appeals to a young audience and that's okay.

halo is just a bad fps if you compare it with pc FPS. console fps, well thats another thing.

most adults i meet play Cs:GO or lol, but i never meet somebody who didnt liked to play mk or smash...(ohh and they mostly like to smoke dope while playing... stupid students...)

and sure, there are unfree countrys where you cant buy beer with 16, like the usaa or saudiarabia.

Around the Network

Someone lock this thread... pleaaaaase.

generic-user-1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:
generic-user-1 said:

halo is just a bad fps if you compare it with pc FPS. console fps, well thats another thing.

most adults i meet play Cs:GO or lol, but i never meet somebody who didnt liked to play mk or smash...(ohh and they mostly like to smoke dope while playing... stupid students...)

and sure, there are unfree countrys where you cant buy beer with 16, like the usaa or saudiarabia.

Okay... well I played Halo on PC and it was still pretty fun. I want more Halo on PC. Gears of War is great on PC as well by the way. Its a shame MS hasn't put them on Steam.

I agree, we all like Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Does that mean we are all gonna go out and buy a Wii U? Nope. Even Nintendo fans aren't buying the Wii U.

Germany lacks freedoms as well. Games get banned there for being too violent. You guys don't exactly have freedom of speech either.

Recently Completed
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
generic-user-1 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

But even in that scenario the Wii U is likely gonna collect a lot of dust.

The average fan of PC games probably has little interest in what Nintendo does. The PC audience is more interested in what MS and Sony does.

MS does nothing interresting, they have fps and tps, both allmost unplayable and not so great if compared to other fps/tps

and sony has ND, the rest of sonys studios is making "games" with little to no/bad game play and worse writting than transformers...

BUT, the ps4 is interresting for exclusive 3rd party games.

wiiu is a social console, you sit down, drink beer and play MK or smash. 

Sorry, but this is nonsense.

Halo and Gears are amongst the best FPS and TPS (great for split screen as well). Forza is one of the best racing series on the market and Killer Instinct has become one of the best fighting games ever created. These are great games I can't get on Wii U and these games aren't on PC.

I enjoy Sony's 1st party output, but they haven't been experiences I generally consider noteworthy. The only Sony games I will probably replay is the Uncharted and God of War series. The Last of Us had a good story but I didn't care for the gameplay.

Wii U is indeed a social console, but not all gamers want to play social games. In my opinion, Nintendo games are shallow and they haven't done anything significant that makes them feel fresh since the N64 days. Playing Nintendo games alone is often boring because the games are boring. Hanging with your friends is what's fun, not Nintendo games. Also, the average Wii U user probably isn't old enough to drink a beer.

The last Nintendo game I found myself genuinely enjoying was Kid Icarus on 3DS. Yet that's a game that didn't sell particularly well. Hence, my taste in games just differs from what the average Nintendo fan wants.

So have you ever played the Metroid Prime Trilogy, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Eternal Darkness, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, xenoblade chronicles, Paper Mario: the thousand year door, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Pikmin 1, 2 & 3?

Do you know what all these games have in common? They're singleplayer games with most of them 90%+ on metacritic. None of these games are shallow or boring as they're loved by many.

And what makes you think playing a bad game with friends is more fun than playing a good game with friends (like Mario Kart or SSB)? What a non-sensical thing to say. Those games sell so much because they're good.

As for Kid Icarus, it was a poor attempt at reviving the franchise. It should've been more like a Metroid game instead of a boring on-rails shooter with incredibly awkward controls.

Anyway, the game sold over a million copies at retail, it did fine saleswise.

And lol at the age comment. Is that all you got?

Samus Aran said:

So have you ever played the Metroid Prime Trilogy, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Eternal Darkness, The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker, The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds, Super Mario Galaxy 1 & 2, xenoblade chronicles, Paper Mario: the thousand year door, Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story, Pikmin 1, 2 & 3?

Do you know what all these games have in common? They're singleplayer games with most of them 90%+ on metacritic. None of these games are shallow or boring as they're loved by many.

And what makes you think playing a bad game with friends is more fun than playing a good game with friends (like Mario Kart or SSB)? What a non-sensical thing to say. Those games sell so much because they're good.

As for Kid Icarus, it was a poor attempt at reviving the franchise. It should've been more like a Metroid game instead of a boring on-rails shooter with incredibly awkward controls.

I own numerous of the games you mentioned, tried some of the others, they don't really do anything for me.

I find most of Nintendo's games tedious, but I don't begrudge people that enjoy them. I'm just pointing out not all of us think they're amazing. Some say Nintendo has the best exclusives at the moment, but most will disagree unless you REALLY enjoy what Nintendo does.

The age thing wasn't a jab at the Nintendo audience by the way. generic-user-1 seems to think Wii U players are a bunch of adults that get together, smoke pot and drink booze. In reality, the Wii U audience is a primarily young audience. I think the marketing and bundles for that console makes it pretty obvious.

Recently Completed

Mr Puggsly said:
Samus Aran said:

I own numerous of the games you mentioned, tried some of the others, they don't really do anything for me.

I find most of Nintendo's games tedious, but I don't begrudge people that enjoy them. I'm just pointing out not all of us think they're amazing. Some say Nintendo has the best exclusives at the moment, but most will disagree unless you REALLY enjoy what Nintendo does.

The age thing wasn't a jab at the Nintendo audience by the way. generic-user-1 seems to think Wii U players are a bunch of adults that get together, smoke pot and drink booze. In reality, the Wii U audience is a primarily young audience. I think the marketing and bundles for that console makes it pretty obvious.

I do that. Lots of pots by the way. I´m 24 with a WiiU, and everybody that I know with a WiiU is around my age, except for 2 little cousins, one of them was months to finish Tropical Freeze, and she played it everyday. I saw the poor girl crying and damit at Nintendo because she cannot beat the game, too hardcore XD (but she loved it)