By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Will Halo 5 be delayed to 2016?

Yes 190 44.08%

No 198 45.94%

See Results 43 9.98%

Total:431
mikeslemonadeFromN4G said:
jlmurph2 said:

I think you need to look at sales again. Halo games sell more than Zelda and Uncharted games.

I was referring to quality and in terms of what is relevant.  Halo hasn't been in the conversation of game of the year.

Halo 4 has a Game of the Year edition. So apparently it has been in that conversation as a competitor. More recently than Zelda and Uncharted I might add.

Also, Halo not being relevant? Lol dude come on

Around the Network

Welp, now that the release date was announced, does that close the book on this thread? o:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Welp, now that the release date was announced, does that close the book on this thread? o:

Yeah I posted to this thread as soon as they announced it. Unlikely to be delayed.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

jlmurph2 said:

I was referring to quality and in terms of what is relevant.  Halo hasn't been in the conversation of game of the year.

Halo 4 has a Game of the Year edition. So apparently it has been in that conversation as a competitor. More recently than Zelda and Uncharted I might add.

Lots of games get game of the year editons every year.  Halo is a 2nd rate shooter.  It's worst than Battlefield.  And BF is worst than COD.  

jlmurph2 said:
Nem said:

Doesnt that mean it was outsourced because they couldnt handle it? I'm pretty sure there were 343 people on stage at E3 promoting the game. 343 industries logo is in the box, but i guess they have nothing to do with it. 343 industries also made the statements about the state of the game and brought the patches in. 

It means that Halo 5 is what needs to be focused on.

Ports get outsourced all the time. Of course 343 did something (Halo 2 Anniversary) but that doesn't mean that their whole company as a whole is struggling to make games. As you can see from Halo 5's release date being announced it didn't hinder them to stay in this year.

I'll reserve judgement for when Halo 5 comes out.

Around the Network
jlmurph2 said:

Lots of games get game of the year editons every year.  Halo is a 2nd rate shooter.  It's worst than Battlefield.  And BF is worst than COD.  

After reading this I won't take you seriously.

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:

After reading this I won't take you seriously.

You guys are too hung up on Halo 1 and 2.   

If Halo 5 launches this year Sony will be somewhat pissed about Uncharted 4 delay. But given the MASSIVE lead maybe Sony won't care as much. Wish I could see the battle though....

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Seems like it was 3strikes.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Nem said:
jlmurph2 said:

The different games in the collection were outsourced to multiple devs. 343's main team has been Halo 5 since 2012. So no, 343 is not struggling. Their focus is on the main game.

Doesnt that mean it was outsourced because they couldnt handle it?

Grasping at straws much?

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)