By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Buy a PS4 if you want exclusive games, says Michael Pachter

Blob said:
TheObserver said:

I think Nintendo put themselves out of the equation...

Did they stop making exclusives? 

No but they stopped getting any multiplat games, which effectively makes their console a non option for anyone looking to buy just one console. Trying to put WiiU in the same conversation as PS4/XB1 is either disingenuous or ignorant.

Around the Network
TheObserver said:
Locknuts said:
I am slowly coming to the conclusion that the PC is the way to go moving forward. Bloodborne is tempting, but the PS4 can't even seem to run THAT smoothly. Don't even get me started on the Xbox One. I wish someone would release a console with some power for around $400.

I'm not sure what Nintendo was thinking with the Wii U either, it's got some great games so I leave it alone for the most part, but this year we may finally see a current gen multiplat worth buying and the Wii U will fall even further into it's own niche market.

Wow I've become one cynical fucker. Like back when I realised that the Wii was just an overclocked Gamecube. I felt like I'd been tricked. At least back then I had the 360 (a real console) to turn to.

I think you're missing some important factors here. PC is only good for better performance granted you spend enough.

But the things that we would lose out on with no consoles would not be worth the trade off. The only reason publishers are able to invest in AAA games is because of the console market, look at the PC exclusoves that come out, those are not the games that even need powerful hardware they're all small small budget titles that could run on a PS2. 

Then there's also the fact that we would lose out on a large number of games that come out because console owners fund them so they can make their consoles more appealing to various demographics even if they might be financially damaging by themselves. Sony recently stated that only 4 out of 10 of their games make a profit which is used to pay of the development of the other 6. No company is going to fund projects with that philosophy for the PC. 

So yeah, I think a few drops in framerate are pretty inconsiquential in comparison to all the positives the consoles provide gamers with.

So I should play inferior versions of AAA games in order to ensure the future of AAA titles? I don't think so. Consoles will be fine without little old me, and the publishers will still get their money as I do actually buy my games.

TheObserver said:
Blob said:

Did they stop making exclusives? 

No but they stopped getting any multiplat games, which effectively makes their console a non option for anyone looking to buy just one console. Trying to put WiiU in the same conversation as PS4/XB1 is either disingenuous or ignorant.

Bringing multiplats into a conversation about exclusives. He said buy ps4 for the exclusives when they all get exclusives, so it's really a just a silly thing to say. Buy the one that has the exclusives that interest you. 

Blob said:
TheObserver said:

Bringing multiplats into a conversation about exclusives. He said buy ps4 for the exclusives when they all get exclusives, so it's really a just a silly thing to say. Buy the one that has the interests that interest you. 

He was talking about only between PS4 and XB1. WiiU was not part of the topic, so bringing it in was silly in the first place.

And the reason it was not part of the topic is obvious because it doesn't beling in the conversation, it's a seperate thing altogether that's perfectly essential for those who must have Nintendo's games, and absolutely useless for everyone else.

TheObserver said:
Blob said:

Bringing multiplats into a conversation about exclusives. He said buy ps4 for the exclusives when they all get exclusives, so it's really a just a silly thing to say. Buy the one that has the interests that interest you. 

He was talking about only between PS4 and XB1. WiiU was not part of the topic, so bringing it in was silly in the first place.

And the reason it was not part of the topic is obvious because it doesn't beling in the conversation, it's a seperate thing altogether that's perfectly essential for those who must have Nintendo's games, and absolutely useless for everyone else.

fair enough if he was only talking about the Ps4one then. Still Find his statement silly though, pick the one with the exclusives that interest you 

Around the Network
Locknuts said:
TheObserver said:

I think you're missing some important factors here. PC is only good for better performance granted you spend enough.

But the things that we would lose out on with no consoles would not be worth the trade off. The only reason publishers are able to invest in AAA games is because of the console market, look at the PC exclusoves that come out, those are not the games that even need powerful hardware they're all small small budget titles that could run on a PS2. 

Then there's also the fact that we would lose out on a large number of games that come out because console owners fund them so they can make their consoles more appealing to various demographics even if they might be financially damaging by themselves. Sony recently stated that only 4 out of 10 of their games make a profit which is used to pay of the development of the other 6. No company is going to fund projects with that philosophy for the PC. 

So yeah, I think a few drops in framerate are pretty inconsiquential in comparison to all the positives the consoles provide gamers with.

So I should play inferior versions of AAA games in order to ensure the future of AAA titles? I don't think so. Consoles will be fine without little old me, and the publishers will still get their money as I do actually buy my games.

I wasn't talking about you, just in general. I just think it's more important that we get more unique games with decent budgets than make sure they're all 60fps. And consoles are the reason we get AAA games. Without consoles we'd be playing indies on our $1000 gaming rigs.

TheObserver said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Buy Nintendo and Sony if you are an exclusives focused person is what I think he meant to say. Microsoft isn't on their level yet internally even though they have more studios. They have to primarily pay outside studios to make their games for them. With Sony and Nintendo second party compliments their first party output.

Guy always seems to leave Nintendo out of the equation.

No. The whole point is about exclusives. Right now Nintendo is on fire with those even though they lack third party.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
TheObserver said:

No. The whole point is about exclusives. Right now Nintendo is on fire with those even though they lack third party.

Nintendo is not part of the topic for good reason as I explained earlier.

XB1 and PS4 can be compared in terms of exclusives because they both have good 3rd party support, Until Nintendo can put out enough games to compete with all the 3rd party games it doesn't get AND the exclusives available on other consoles it's never going to be a viable option. 

If we're comparing WiiU against a PS4 or an XB1, all those multiplats are pretty much exclsuive as far as WiiU is concerned. Point being for someone buying only one console WiiU is useless. You buy a console for the entire library, just because someone picks a PS4 over an XB1 due to PS4's exclusives compared to XB1's doesn't mean he's not going to play the multiplats that are also available on the PS4.

I've learned to basically just disregard anything Pachter says. He's a complete hack.

If you want exclusives its depends on your taste. Both consoles will offer a lot but target different audiences.

If you play games that are multiplat the PS4 is a no brainer. I mean what is he even saying. Guh its Pacter.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.