By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why are people hoping that publishers make Third-Party games on Wii U?

cannonballZ said:
Did you make this thread just to talk trash?

They don't only target kids, that's ridiculous to say.

The only thing third party games on Wii U proved is that shitty ports won't cut it.

Why are you so worried about Wii U and what games are coming to it if you think it's such a horrible console?

Do you own a Wii U? Are you planning on getting one?

Do you like kicking dead horses around for fun?

When did I say that? You are talking trash with this post... 

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:
cycycychris said:
God forbid me want to play a third party game on my Wii U. How dare me want to own a console that has best of both worlds. The company who actually makes good games. And some of the highlights of the best of the third party games. What ever. Most Nintendo fans are not even kids anymore.

Are you seriously asking why we want more games? Why we want to have the audience on a Nintendo console expanded? Why we want the best for Nintendo and third parties? ok.

No, I am asking why you want games which you can already play on PS4 with a better quality.

sigh, do you think everyone wants a ps4 or something? Do you think nintendo gamers want to go out and buy a ps4 just for proper and gimped 3rd party games? Sure we have an extra $400+ laying around somewhere right? cycycychris answered it in his original post you quoted. Best of Both Worlds.

But sure we can't have that now can we? is it so wrong to want that?

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

What's triple party?

regardless, forget this "nintendo's target are kids". It's a very offensive and biased thing to say.

Also, what's so hard to understand about wii u owners wanting more games?

Dr.Vita said:

When did I say that? You are talking trash with this post... 

Right, because you are SO well known to hold the console in high esteems.

Not everyone can afford more than one console, you ever thought of that? Those people care about 3rd party games, whether they be shitty ports or different ip's. They just want to see more than Nintendo games, is that really that hard to understand?

Not everyones solution to the problem of 3rd party games is "just go buy a playstation or xbox".

There is no facts in the OP. It's all your opinion, and yes to me it sounds like your just talking trash. Fact is, you don't really care for the system. You just want to beat a dead horse.

It's not simply an issue of maturity.

Nintendo caters to tastes the big budget third parties almost entirely ignore, and vice versa.

Third parties typically offer story based games, normally in first person or third person with the camera following behind your character. They normally try to be very cinematic and sometimes offer big open worlds to follow waypoints in.

Nintendo has platformers, and other gameplay orientated games, often with engaging exploration and packed with gameplay ideas but they're typically very light on story and cuts scenes.

Nintendo takes influences from other Nintendo games, third parties from third party games. It feels like they're two distinct cultures evolving down different paths and appealing to different people.

Around the Network
Dr.Vita said:

This question is serious. Why are people hoping that publishers make Third-Party games on WIi U? 
Nintendo's target group are kids (whether you like it or not) and games like GTA, Call of Duty or Battlefield don't sell on a platform for kids. -> This has been proofed by all Third-Party games on Wii U! Only sport games (and suchlike) can sell something on a Nintendo platform. And why would people buy these games on a Nintendo console? Nintendo consoles are often just the second console of the gamers. -> The most people who own a Wii U should also have a Playstation platform, Xbox platform or a PC. The Nintendo console version is mostly a bad port with lots of bugs and where nobody plays online. 

Actually I liked GTA (played III, San Andreas and Vice City on PS2) and COD (Played COD III and Advanced Warfare on PC/360/Wii) when I was a kid/younger teen. Now that I'm an adult they feel repetitive and boring to me unless I mod them. So......

I didn't know people wanting more games was a bad thing

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Dr.Vita said:

This question is serious. Why are people hoping that publishers make Third-Party games on WIi U? 
Nintendo's target group are kids (whether you like it or not) and games like GTA, Call of Duty or Battlefield don't sell on a platform for kids. -> This has been proofed by all Third-Party games on Wii U! Only sport games (and suchlike) can sell something on a Nintendo platform. And why would people buy these games on a Nintendo console? Nintendo consoles are often just the second console of the gamers. -> The most people who own a Wii U should also have a Playstation platform, Xbox platform or a PC. The Nintendo console version is mostly a bad port with lots of bugs and where nobody plays online. 

Bravely Default

Resident Evil Revelations

Hyrule Warriors

Monster Hunter

Shin Megami Tensei

Are these games for kids or sport games? You're simplifying the matter way too much.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Dr.Vita said:
cycycychris said:
God forbid me want to play a third party game on my Wii U. How dare me want to own a console that has best of both worlds. The company who actually makes good games. And some of the highlights of the best of the third party games. What ever. Most Nintendo fans are not even kids anymore.

Are you seriously asking why we want more games? Why we want to have the audience on a Nintendo console expanded? Why we want the best for Nintendo and third parties? ok.

No, I am asking why you want games which you can already play on PS4 with a better quality.

Why would you want any 3rd party game on Ps4 which you can already play on PC with a better quality?

Dr.Vita said:

No, I am asking why you want games which you can already play on PS4 with a better quality?

Because instead of paying an extra $400 for another console, plus $50 a year to play games online, before they can even think about buying those 3rd party games they bought the thing for, that same person could just use that money to buy $400 worth of 3rd party games on their Wii U, plus an extra $50 worth of indie games a year.

What kind of question even is this?