By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Countdown to No Numbers March

Hopefully we'll get numbers soon. I'm not really sure why everyone would expect us to know...the only person who knows is ioi.

However I will say that last year he went on holiday around this time and gave control of the numbers to someone else. It was those numbers which were so very far off and I recall ioi saying as much. Perhaps then, he's gone on holiday again and because of the incorrect numbers and the backlash on the forums by certain posters, he has decided to not give leave and thus not give numbers at all?

It is quite amusing if true, the complaints about inaccurate numbers produced no numbers for greater accuracy which leads to more complaints.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I wish I could say that I miss the numbers, but sadly I don't anymore. But I really do enjoy the forums, and VGC is a great source of secondary data from MC, NPD, GfK etc.
And now with MCV adding digital sales, and with Superdata giving us monthly digital WW numbers, VGC is becoming less relevant and less important to me for its data.

Conegamer said:
Hopefully we'll get numbers soon. I'm not really sure why everyone would expect us to know...the only person who knows is ioi.

However I will say that last year he went on holiday around this time and gave control of the numbers to someone else. It was those numbers which were so very far off and I recall ioi saying as much. Perhaps then, he's gone on holiday again and because of the incorrect numbers and the backlash on the forums by certain posters, he has decided to not give leave and thus not give numbers at all?

It is quite amusing if true, the complaints about inaccurate numbers produced no numbers for greater accuracy which leads to more complaints.

I get that IOI needs a vaction once in a while and I would be the last one to stop him, considering last year's fiasco I also get it that IOI doesn't trust anyone else with the numbers. BUT could he at least give a headsup of an expected date till numbers arrive just to stop speculation a bit.

People complain because we're humans especially when you're Dutch it's a tradition over here. (especially the weather when it rains a dutchman complains about the sun that never shines, when the sun shines the dutchman complains that is is to hot). Never the less shouldn't that be a reason not to post any numbers for such a long time with no headsup.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Conegamer said:

I guess you are referring to the Borderlands Vita and Spiderman XOne blunders. But that was late April, early May. 

Regardless of the reasons, a simple "I'll be off for a month, the numbers will be a bit delayed" disclaimer could have put the users at ease.

So the boss buggers off for a few weeks and tells no one? Who does that?

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

I do agree that a heads up would be nice but I'm in the same position you guys are. I don't know, just trying to think of a logical explanation. Would be nice to hear more about this soon.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Where was the pro banner, anyway?

Here's a rundown of the numbers:

PS4 sold more than it should
Everything else sold less than it should

Now you know!

Roronaa_chan said:
Here's a rundown of the numbers:

PS4 sold more than it should
Everything else sold less than it should

Now you know!

So one is overtracked while everything else is undertracked? 

I guess ioi wants to predict save from now on, probably 1 month delay for every month