By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Countdown to No Numbers March

You know I actually like the idea of sales data being monthly better. Weekly is just too much haha

Around the Network
bigjon said:
Theory. ioi was last online 12 march... which also happened to be NDP day. I think he saw how bad he was off in Feb and rage quit.

I just hope he is safe and well.  He could just be on an extended vacation.  At what point should we start to get really worried?

I just realized i haven't been coming to this site for the numbers in a really long time, i am mostly here because of the forums now

Maybe they're busy fixing all the other inaccurate sales on the database now that they've got official sales for a lot of them....

Lol just kidding they'd rather they stay wrong.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

I don't mind having to wait for numbers (i visit VGC for the community, not the sales data), but it would be nice if ioi could at least let us know what's going on :/ He hasn't even logged in for almost 2 weeks.

Around the Network

Soon...
5 days to go

A website like this shouldn't have a single point of failure (i.e. ioi) around the one thing that gives this site a point of difference. If the explanation is simply that ioi is out of action for whatever reason then that is no better than that the site is stealthily going off line. If ioi is laid up for some reason for 6 months then the site is a bust anyway even if he plans to get back onto the job, unless there is a team that can keep the numbers rolling with some degree of consistency.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I have been watching this site since early 2007 I believe. This is strange and seems like since everyone has been using amazon as reference so much vg started falling behind. Maybe I am crazy but....... Dunno. first post!

I am sure the numbers will come soon. Give him some time. Something influential or important may have happened in his life.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

I came for the numbers and stayed for the forums. I will probably stay even without numbers, but I do not think I will be as active

#1 Amb-ass-ador