By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What WOULD make me buy a PS4

If they went all nintendo the ps4 would flop like the wiiu. Im all for more platformers but you have to cater to the masses.

Around the Network
pbroy said:
Girls will like you better. That's why I got mine.

*swoon*

WolfpackN64 said:

Look, Driveclub, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, Uncharted IV are nice exclusives for the PS4 to have, let me get that out of the way. This Gen, I went for the Wii U, coming from the Xbox 360 last Gen and the PS2/Xbox during 6th Gen.

Halo, Fable, Crysis, Metro, CoD were the kind of games that I used to enjoy a whole bunch, but ever since I bought a Nintendo DS in 2010 (I know, quite late), my tastes have changed. I started to play Pokémon again, I rediscovered Mario games.

Now, I enjoy Star Fox 64 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Trine 2, MK8. I like playing the Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and Spyro (both the Spyro the Dragon and the Legend of Spyro) games. Recently, I'm enjoying the heck out of the new Unreal Tournament.

Mayby call it a reversion of tastes. But Sony really lacks many of it's big oldies. Where's Crash? Where's Spyro? Where's Sly or Jak? Where are all the good old platformers or more colorful games at (and don't you dare awnser Knack).

I really think Sony could convince me to get a PS4 if they went all Nintendo and started ramping up in house production. Same for Microsoft, since the only exclusive game that's worth it for me is Killer Instinct.

Needed to get that off my chest.

What kind of question is that? look my profile picture look how beautiful is. Even with no games you dont interested for, you buy it anyway because of that :)

So your taste changed with the DS. Don't you think it could change again? Give it a try.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

So after owning a wiiu you want a second one? You should undertsand that ediversity is great thats why owning a wiiu and a ps4 seems to be the best combo in this generation.

Around the Network
Ruler said:
So after owning a wiiu you want a second one? You should undertsand that ediversity is great thats why owning a wiiu and a ps4 seems to be the best combo in this generation.

That's highly subjective. Most would argue PC + Wii U is the best option. It really depends on what kind of games you're into. He mentioned he was a big FPS guy so it's possible an Xbox One + Wii U might be right for him. And hey, if the rumors about Rare are true, the Xbox One might be getting some old school 3D Platformers soon too.

celador said:

The market has largely moved on from those games...

And this is why I'm playing more Sega Genesis games these days than PS4 games. The OP is dead right. The industry right now is way too shallow. 

WolfpackN64 said:

Look, Driveclub, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, Uncharted IV are nice exclusives for the PS4 to have, let me get that out of the way. This Gen, I went for the Wii U, coming from the Xbox 360 last Gen and the PS2/Xbox during 6th Gen.

Halo, Fable, Crysis, Metro, CoD were the kind of games that I used to enjoy a whole bunch, but ever since I bought a Nintendo DS in 2010 (I know, quite late), my tastes have changed. I started to play Pokémon again, I rediscovered Mario games.

Now, I enjoy Star Fox 64 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Trine 2, MK8. I like playing the Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and Spyro (both the Spyro the Dragon and the Legend of Spyro) games. Recently, I'm enjoying the heck out of the new Unreal Tournament.

Mayby call it a reversion of tastes. But Sony really lacks many of it's big oldies. Where's Crash? Where's Spyro? Where's Sly or Jak? Where are all the good old platformers or more colorful games at (and don't you dare awnser Knack).

I really think Sony could convince me to get a PS4 if they went all Nintendo and started ramping up in house production. Same for Microsoft, since the only exclusive game that's worth it for me is Killer Instinct.

Needed to get that off my chest.

You're right and I agree 100%. I bought a PS4 because I loved the diveristy of the Sony platform last generation but man, so far, all they want to push is FPS/TPS, same old same old stuff. Jak, Spyro, Crash, Sly... without all of that, Playstation just doesn't feel like Playstation. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
celador said:

The market has largely moved on from those games...

And this is why I'm playing more Sega Genesis games these days than PS4 games. The OP is dead right. The industry right now is way too shallow. 

We are seeing a lot of the same thing these days in the industry and certain genres have almost been left behind. But personally, as much as I like 3D platformers, I wouldn't want it to dominate the industry like the FPS genre currently does. It's one of those things that in my opinion is great in small doses.

DexInDaJungle said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

We are seeing a lot of the same thing these days in the industry and certain genres have almost been left behind. But personally, as much as I like 3D platformers, I wouldn't want it to dominate the industry like the FPS genre currently does. It's one of those things that in my opinion is great in small doses.

Yeah, I agree. The PS2 generation was probably the best. If you owned a PS2, Xbox and Gamecube, you had just about every genre of game you could ever want. It was a much healther and diverse time to be a gamer.