By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What WOULD make me buy a PS4

Qwark said:

On the contrary that's the perfect way to do it, look at the reactions on SM3D world and the reactions on the last gamescon. Lately someone at insomnia. said it looked like a pixar movie and that recent trends and many weapons will be implemented in the reboot.

I'm confused as to what you're saying. SM3DW was marketed like a AAA game and was pushed from the moment it was revealed. Nintendo was never quiet about that game, and it was a big success.

The exact opposite is true of the reboot of Ratchet and Sly. No one cares about either because no one's talking about it.

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
WolfpackN64 said:

PS1 through PS3. Those games were always there, and they might not be as popular now, they still have their place.

Spyro was only ever Sony's-ish on the PS1. Same with Crash, only PS1. They distributed the game, but didn't publish it.  Jak was only ever on the PS2, only the remasters came on PS3.  The most recent game was awful.   Sly had a 7 ish year break, so that could still come at point.  

Ratchet and Clank -Coming

Jak and Daxter-Has only been on the PS2/Remasters on PS3

Sly Cooper - Only has 1 game on PS3 released in 2013, while the previous title came out in 2005.

Spyro- Hasn't been "Sony's" since PS1.

Crash-Hasn't been "Sony's" since PS1. 

There's already LittleBigPlanet 3; Ratchet and Clank and TearAway are coming and many more will come for sure.  

I missed those games.(Ratchet and Clank, Spyro, Crash, Sly Cooper, Jak and Daxter)

WolfpackN64 said:

Look, Driveclub, Bloodborne, No Man's Sky, Uncharted IV are nice exclusives for the PS4 to have, let me get that out of the way. This Gen, I went for the Wii U, coming from the Xbox 360 last Gen and the PS2/Xbox during 6th Gen.

Halo, Fable, Crysis, Metro, CoD were the kind of games that I used to enjoy a whole bunch, but ever since I bought a Nintendo DS in 2010 (I know, quite late), my tastes have changed. I started to play Pokémon again, I rediscovered Mario games.

Now, I enjoy Star Fox 64 3D, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Trine 2, MK8. I like playing the Ratchet and Clank, Jak and Daxter, Sly Cooper and Spyro (both the Spyro the Dragon and the Legend of Spyro) games. Recently, I'm enjoying the heck out of the new Unreal Tournament.

Mayby call it a reversion of tastes. But Sony really lacks many of it's big oldies. Where's Crash? Where's Spyro? Where's Sly or Jak? Where are all the good old platformers or more colorful games at (and don't you dare awnser Knack).

I really think Sony could convince me to get a PS4 if they went all Nintendo and started ramping up in house production. Same for Microsoft, since the only exclusive game that's worth it for me is Killer Instinct.

Needed to get that off my chest.

You're getting Ratchet, Rime, Tomorrow Children, Tearaway Unfolded, No Mans Sky, Media Molecules new title for colorful games.

the-pi-guy said:

Haven't played much of LBP 3 yet, but I've heard great things about Knack from nonreviewers.  

Aside from that, I'd love to see a new Crash and Jak.  Never played Spyro/Sly though.  

Plus we have at least one Ratchet and Clank game coming.  

Which if it does well, we'll very likely see even more!  

I'd also love to see a Modnation Racers game, fix those load times!

great is never a term that should be used with Knack. I do think it was overly shat on by reviewers and the gaming media, but that doesn't mean it is close to being among the best games in its class. It's good and reasonably fun to play, and suitably challenging. But it's not worth buying a PS4. It's worth buying (at the price you can get it for now) if you already have a PS4.

I really enjoyed MNR, the gameplay was a lot of fun, 4 player local co-op was great, some of the UGC tracks were brilliant creations, and the UGC track maker was accessible enough that I even made a halfway decent track. Kart and character cusomisations were also really fun to muck around with. Even online racing was pretty good fun, I think I even managed to win one race. Sony hasn't gone a generation without having a kart racer, so I do hope they make one this generation.

I need to get my PS3 back and play Into the Nexus before the PS4 R&C comes out. 

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

1080p should be enough for you to buy a PS4. It sold well before it had any games.

/s

Around the Network

Every console has its niche. If you like family-friendly games and old-time platformers, then you're good on Wii U. You can't expect PS4 to be the best in every categoy of games - they have to understand their audience and give them games they want first, trying to appeal to other audiences comes second... at least on the hardcore gamer level.

Do you know what WOULD make me buy an X1? If its games were more like PS4's, but better. But what possible reason would they have to invest in this when they've got their own audience?

Crash and Spyro are owned by Activision. We'll probably see Sly again at some point and no clue when we'll see Jak.

Like others have said, Spyro and Crash are lost causes. However, Jak and Daxter is not. If Sony made one for the PS4 I'd buy it (the console) much sooner than I plan to. I think the environmental concept art that they showed a while back is pretty decent. Although the character models for Jak and Daxter are horrific.

http://www.junkiemonkeys.com/naughty-dog-reveals-jak-daxter-4-environment-concept-art/

A PS3!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Locknuts said:
1080p should be enough for you to buy a PS4. It sold well before it had any games.

/s

If I want 1080p, I'll use my PC. I'm just saying some more "old school" like games would be welcome, exclusive or not.