By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comparing Wii U game library to PS4 & X1

TL;DR: Nintendo has had an extra year so of course they have more games, give Sony and MS time and Nintendo took a while as well.

Many times a day I see on here and the interent post about how the Wii U has many more exclusives than the PS4 and X1 and that they are an embarrassment in comparison etc. 

I know the sales difference can make people forget but Nintendo have had a year longer to pump out first party software for it. If you were to take away the past year from the Wii U and put it on point with Sony and Microsoft's machines you'd have to subtract:

Mario Kart 8
Super Smash Bro's
Bayonetta/Bayonetta 2
Captain Toad
Kirby
Mario Party 10
(I'm not sure what else I'm forgetting)

All of these are big hitters Nintendo didn't have last year we all know how SLOW they were at making games at the beginning but we all knew they would deliver because of past gens. So why not the same for at least even Sony, who's first party line up on PS3 had quality, quantity and diversity. 

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

Around the Network

WiiU > XBO > PS4 (as for now)

Ka-pi96 said:
Except they've done a very good job catching up with the Wii U's library. PS4 has surpassed it even.

Metacritic lists
PS4: 242 games
Wii U: 190 games
X One: 171 games

Ka-pi, you're forgetting indies don't count because reasons.

PS4 Slightly > Xbox One > Wii U , personally I am more of a JRPG , anime fightig art style ( Guilty Gear and Naruto Storm 4 hopefully ), and 3rd PARTY game player so yeah , plus I love realistic looking racers so Driveclub is my darling and FH2 looks amazing, like shooters
by 1st party exclsuives Wii U is king but Wii U games don't appeal to me that much,
xbox and ps4 exclusives are pretty much at par now with bloodborne here now , though ps4 has the 1st new gen classic between them

ArchangelMadzz said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Except they've done a very good job catching up with the Wii U's library. PS4 has surpassed it even.

Metacritic lists

Also multiplats don't count because that's not fair to Nintendo.

But still, this is the worst gen we ever had. 90% of the games are just last gen ports and the rest are short interactive movies.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Whatever your guys' rankings are, let this year determine the system with the best software.

So many goodies are coming this year it's not even funny. I'm looking at you, Splatoon, Xenoblade X, Zelda Unknown, Star Fox, Mario Maker, Etc..

vivster said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Ka-pi96 said:

Metacritic lists

Also multiplats don't count because that's not fair to Nintendo.

But still, this is the worst gen we ever had. 90% of the games are just last gen ports and the rest are short interactive movies.

I can't put into words how much of a genuine pain I get in the center of my head when people actually believe this. 

It's a common theme on gaming forums. Someone makes a thread about this gen and asks "Where are the good games?", and then a load of people come in and say Wii U, as though the other system's have nothing to offer.

The Wii U has the best exclusives so far this gen, but the consoles library, for a system that has been out for two and a half years, is very poor. I have had it since launch, and there are some fantastic games, and several good ones, all exclusive, but there are droughts all the time. I do wonder if some people go overboard on their praise for the system's exclusives compared to the other two consoles because it is really the only thing you can boast about when supporting the system. Having the sytem since launch, I can't think of any advantage it has right now other than it's exclusives. By the end of this gen, I would expect PS4 to have caught up, because the system gets stuff like Persona, Tales, Yakuza etc in support of the first party stuff. But at this moment, even launch aligned, the Wii U has comfortably the best exclusives, but the other two are not as bad as is often made out.

ArchangelMadzz said:

I can't put into words how much of a genuine pain I get in the center of my head when people actually believe this. 

I don't think anyone believes that. That would be crazy.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Didn't people say there was a drought for Wii U? Which is it? Was Nintendo releasing games or not. Anyway there are a handful of 85+ retail exclusive games on the Wii U while PS4 has one. Since I have a PC multiplats are bought on that. People always mention how PS4 and XBO have exclusives over PC, but I am not seeing it this generation. Why should I as a PC gamer get a PS4 to play one game - Bloodborne. When I can ge a Wii U instead and play a at least five >85 exclusive games.