By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comparing Wii U game library to PS4 & X1

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
pokoko said:
atomicblue said:

Bandwagon fallacies are so cute.

You think it's a fallacy that the PS4 sold way more than the Wii U?  Okay.  You go with that.

The Wii sold way more than the PS3. Whats your point?

One thing people seem to forget, in the first year of the Xbox One and PS4, Microsoft and Sony were still publishing games for last gen, too.

Can Nintendo say the same?

pokoko said:
atomicblue said:

You think it's a fallacy that the PS4 sold way more than the Wii U?  Okay.  You go with that.

No it is a fallacy that it is logically equivalent to, "The PS4 had a better first year in terms of releases than the Wii U."  Your logical equivalency is fallacious. 

pokoko said:
atomicblue said:

You should Google what a bandwagon fallacy is.

Around the Network
Tachikoma said:
One thing people seem to forget, in the first year of the Xbox One and PS4, Microsoft and Sony were still publishing games for last gen, too.

Nintendo actually supports it's handheld, though. The others can't say the same.

Tachikoma said:

Sony published LBP 3, Destiny, Minecraft, MLB 14: The Show, and SingStar: Ultimate Party as retail games in 2014 for the PS3. All of these were PS3/PS4 multiplats, and only two of them were developed by internal Sony studios. If we were to consider that, we should also consider how NIntendo was actually supporting the 3DS. 

Why can't everyone just enjoy what they enjoy? What's the point of these list wars? I will never understand threads like these because they never serve any purpose. Most people are going to defend what they invest in, no matter which company they support.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Why can't everyone just enjoy what they enjoy? What's the point of these list wars? I will never understand threads like these because they never serve any purpose. Most people are going to defend what they invest in, no matter which company they support.

Well this thread in particular seems like a negative reaction to people answering "Wii U has them." to the question, "Where are the quality games this generation?" Something like that always ends in a list war. 

sc94597 said:
pokoko said:

I think the sales totals would disagree with you.  I see nothing on that Wii U list that would entice someone who wasn't going to buy the next Nintendo system regardless.  

Unless you're talking about personal taste, which is impossible to debate about one way or another.

Isn't this a tired fallacy that sales => quality. There are so many other things involved in a purchase of a console, such as "perceived future value" (which future games can I play?) and marketing (oh wow PS4 will play games at 1080p!) 

No, sales equal sales, which are cold hard facts.  In terms of market penetration, Sony met expectations, Nintendo did not.  Certainly, there are multiple reasons for that but, at the end of the day, the Wii U's first year failed to gain any traction for the system.  A Galaxy, Kart, or Smash might have done wonders