By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Comparing Wii U game library to PS4 & X1

Skullwaker said:
Why can't everyone just enjoy what they enjoy? What's the point of these list wars? I will never understand threads like these because they never serve any purpose. Most people are going to defend what they invest in, no matter which company they support.

I enjoy this. It has 7 different games with infinite replay value and high portability

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network

Wii U >>>>>>> ps4/x1

would have been "Wii U >>>>>>>>>>>>>> ps4/x1" if third parties were professional.

atomicblue said:
pokoko said:

You think it's a fallacy that the PS4 sold way more than the Wii U?  Okay.  You go with that.

You should Google what a bandwagon fallacy is.

Yeah, I know what it is, but why you think it has anything to do with the PS4 outselling the Wii U, I have no clue.  Unless you're saying that it's because everyone jumped on board the PS4 bandwagon but you have to get the first people to jump to start with. 

ArchangelMadzz said:
KLXVER said:

New Super Mario Bros U
Nintendo Land
Lego City Undercover
Pikmin 3
The Wonderful 101
Super Mario 3D World
Ninja Gaiden: Razors Edge
Game & Wario
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
New Super Luigi U
Sing Party
The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Wii Party U
Wii Spots Club

These are the physical games Nintendo released in the first year for the WiiU.

Killzone: SF
Knack
Yakuza: Ishin
Driveclub
Infamous: Second Son
Infamous: First Light (if you're counting luigi)
LBP3 (If you're counting Ninja Gaiden that came out on PS3/360 Aswell)
TLOU: R (If you're counting Wind Waker)
Guilty Gear Xrd
Destiny (Sony published it in Japan)
MLB14
Singstar

But as your restriction put on, lets not count the colossal amount of titles Sony published digitally because that would be unfair to Nintendo.

Hmmm, i still see an advantage of Nintendo on those lists. Mostly because of SM3DW, W101 and Pikmin 3, while the only thing on PS4 to get my attention was I:SS.

And while i understand comparing WW:HD to TLoU:R, a 10 year old remake has more value than a 13 months remake in my book. Actually last gen remakes open room to add the whole Wii Library to the Wii U thanks to backward compatibility.

Just my 2 cents, don't really care since in the end i will get a PS4 too for Silent Hills, BloodBorne, Final Fantasy and Persona, but for now PC+WiiU is enought for me.

KLXVER said:
pokoko said:

You think it's a fallacy that the PS4 sold way more than the Wii U?  Okay.  You go with that.

The Wii sold way more than the PS3. Whats your point?

Okay?  Why are you talking about the Wii and PS3 in a thread about the Wii U and PS4/XO, though?  That seems odd.

Around the Network
pokoko said:
sc94597 said:

Isn't this a tired fallacy that sales => quality. There are so many other things involved in a purchase of a console, such as "perceived future value" (which future games can I play?) and marketing (oh wow PS4 will play games at 1080p!) 

No, sales equal sales, which are cold hard facts.  In terms of market penetration, Sony met expectations, Nintendo did not.  Certainly, there are multiple reasons for that but, at the end of the day, the Wii U's first year failed to gain any traction for the system.  A Galaxy, Kart, or Smash might have done wonders

This whole thread, and the person you were quoting were discussing game quality, not market penetration and sales. Are you or are you not trying to make the claim that higher sales <=> better game quality. If yes, then you must substantiate this claim either empirically or logically. If no, what is your point? Like I said, the person you quoted was comparing the relative first year libraries in terms of quality game releases. 

Tachikoma said:
One thing people seem to forget, in the first year of the Xbox One and PS4, Microsoft and Sony were still publishing games for last gen, too.

Can Nintendo say the same?

Nintendo was filling its handheld with great games. Can Sony say the same?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Since this thread has turned into yet another "My console is better than yours" thread. I think it's time for a lock.

Signature goes here!