By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japanese store stops selling PS3s due to poor sales

Translates to: 

Information about no longer carrying new products

We regret to announce...

PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable

As well as all related items will no longer be carried as of April 30th.
Please accept our apologies.

Around the Network

Not a good sign!

for sure?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

I'm not doubting the photo or the translation, but this sounds a bit funny to me. The PSP is not selling badly (40K last week.) Sounds more like some store stopping selling Sony for some other reason (like markup or supply problems or something).

If there is no interest then who and why are they apologise? It's a joke of some N-fanatic.

Edit: than -> then 

Around the Network

Sounds like a store is going out of business. I have a hard time believing they'd stop selling the PSP most of all, because it's doing quite well in Japan now.

Are you Serious do you have this from a site that can be absolutly sure about it I now it stands something for Sony's products but it uld be price cut or anything else and is this just for one store or are there a compani that stops selling sony products?

My dog is way beyond my ranking list than you.

Din Apekatt  

gentian said:
I'm not doubting the photo or the translation, but this sounds a bit funny to me. The PSP is not selling badly (40K last week.) Sounds more like some store stopping selling Sony for some other reason (like markup or supply problems or something).

The PSP software is selling badly. Only 57k vs 869k for the DS. That's terrible. Most of the profit comes from the software sales.

Think about it, if every new PSP buyer purchased one game, that means existing PSP owners only purchased 18k games.  

kber81 said:
If there is no interest than who and why are they apologise? It's a joke of some N-fanatic.

that's just typical courtesy in Japan, you can't look at it from your own point of view.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

What if the store is having trouble making ends meat. Sony never stops producing those systems you know. They just send 2 to every store every week and say give us 1200 dollars. If they aren't selling, that's a big bite out of any electronics store. They are selling about 14000 every week. So that's how many? 1 system every 2 weeks? 1 every month?!?! Then add on top of that the peripherals and games, but I guess those would be selling alright.