By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon won’t have any voice chat support

That:s a pretty big fault to have in this type a game, where communication can be key for victories in terms of strategizing. Seems like something it should have.

Granted, I never use voice chat. I don`t like chatting much....

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

so they are making a competitive shooter with no voice chat? This is the half assed nonsense thats annoying.

I'm sure we already knew this, no?

Anyway, I have no problem with this being limited to friends only but why exclude it completely? If there was concern that it would advantage those who use voice chat over those that don't, then have it as a search parameter like they do in Mario Kart 8; i.e. only match me with groups that don't use voice chat.

Good, voice chat gets abused

For any that really want it get skype/facetime, no excuses

Rab said:

It's not just about talking with friends, dude. Sometimes you meet cool people online that you want to continue playing with. That aspect of online play evaporates without voice chat.

Around the Network

Well they better come up with a solution for communication. Commands mapped to the D pad won't suffice in a game this fast-paced. This could be a game breaking omission in this genre.

oniyide said:
so they are making a competitive shooter with no voice chat? This is the half assed nonsense thats annoying.

Yep Nintendo needs to wake up and get their shit together. Half assing stuff gets you nowhere, especially when it's pretty much the norm everywhere else. A proper online community can do wonders for your system, keeps people loyal.

You should watch the interview Pro Jared did and hear the guy's justification as to why it won't be in there. I don't know whether to laugh or pity them.

That is not surprising and really isnt a bad thing as critics would have us believe.
Nintendo is very protective of our experience while playing their games. They absolutely try to minimise any sources of stress and voice chat would be garanteed to be a source of it. They just cant afford to have trash talkers harassing youngsters or the other way around. It would stain their image as a family friendly brand.

Rab said:

You get paired with 7 random players, how are you suppose to skype with your teammates? add new people every games?
In case you didn't know, you can't queue a game with people on your friend list, it's all random match making

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.