By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Splatoon won’t have any voice chat support

Jumpin said:
Goodnightmoon said:

The press is really loving it. Doesn´t seem overhyped at all, in fact, more people needs to know about probably the most fresh and original online shooter on a decade. If that´s not enough for you, fine, but overhyped? Not even close.

That's exactly why it is overhyped. It doesn't look good. Cutting features like voice chat is just another nail in the coffin, it's complete bullshit to exclude it.

Congratulations, you have an opinion. But the press loves it and the fans were hyping the game months ago before the opinion of the press. That would make anyone thing that the fans were right about the game. But there are terrible ways to see good news, and some people always find the way.

Around the Network

i rarely if ever use voice chat when playing games online...still think its pretty fuckin stupid not to include it

Goodnightmoon said:
oniyide said:

why would they make a 400 dollar console WITHOUT the option to use a headset or communicate. A phone? how will i get those peoples number if i cant ask them because the game doesnt support chat? are you guys ok? i feel people will just say whatever stupid thing to defend their company of choice, makes sense the way things are going.

I feel like some people only want to grapple until death on any little issue just because they would die of pleasure seeing the company they hate failing. 

Splatoon could be the most fresh and innovative shooter in years, could be a glorious new IP made with creativity and love, could be what all the Nintendo lovers and haters have been asking for but.... oh, it doesn´t have voice chat, so the game should fail because Nintendo is evil and we should be punishing them for making a glorious new funny IP that doesn´t have a feature, because we need to judge the games for what they don´t have instead of judging them for what they have. Of course.

What happens here is that the only thing some people can find wrong with this game is the absence of voice chat, so they grapple on it, but when someone reminds them that the solution is as simple as.... use skype or any other app on your smartphone/tablet/laptop.... then they get angry because their point is no longer valid and the game is still awesome.

i am talking about it because i DONT want them to fail. Use some common sense if i truly wanted them gone i would sit here laugh at the mistakes they keep making. Just casue you dont want to hold Ninty to higher standards doesnt mean I want them to fail, in fact you are causing more harm than good.

It cant be fresh if its missing features that are standard in every other game in its own genre, it makes no sense. Didnt say the game should fail, im saying it hurts its chances at success missing something so basic. yes you do judge a game if its missing features, what planet are you on where thats not how things are done.

You havent even played the game, so how do you know if its good? Using skype is cumbersome you know it and i know it. I dont have to go do that for any game i play in the genre. SO no its NOT a simple solution. And you still havent answered my question how will i get said person's info if i cant communicate with them inthe game?

Samus Aran said:
oniyide said:

if you cant understand why it isnt better to use a headset or bluetooth than having to turn on your laptop to use skype and find out whoever information...actually you know what? NVM forgot who I was talking too.

I'm not going to boycott a game because of a minor issue that is so incredibly easy to circumvent. And yes, Teamspeak is superior over voice chat supported games.

And I don't need to talk to strangers on the internet. Seems to me you have never played an online game with voice chat on because all you get is whiny little brats.

i dont think you use voice chat and just vomiting some nonsense someone else said. Not all games have whiny brats and if they do I have the option to mute. Keyword OPTION. Hell the only game that is really whiny is the CODs and sometimes GTAs. Explain how Teamspeak is superior or are you just talking out your butt?

I'm getting Conduit vibes...and thats not good.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
I'm getting Conduit vibes...and thats not good.

This game isn't anything like The Conduit lol. Every preview has been extremely positive. And the Conduit was super generic and bland.

Looks to me like you have a problem with this game.

And yes TS is better, I used it all the time while playing RS, it's super simple and has many features.

Every single online game has jerks. I've played mmorpg's long enough for that thank you very much.