By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Nintendo Wants To "Suprise Gamers" With NX

MikeRox said:
Soundwave said:

The NES probably was the Playstation 4 of its day. The Sega Master System (ironically) is basically what Nintendo has turned their console division into (niche side product, no third party support, great 1st party games). 

Wasn't the reason the Master System had so little (it did have some) 3rd party support, due to the fact that Nintendo forced all 3rd party NES developers to be exclusive to them?

Yes, Yamauchi insisted that the NES/Famicom be designed with a lockout chip. In order to get a license to develop on the NES, third parties basically had to agree not to develop games for anyone else. Hence the NES basically had 100% exclusivity over most major third party IP releases. 

Nintendo was fairly ruthless in the 80s/90s, lol, not only that, Nintendo actively bullied retailers into not even carrying Sega products. By the early 90s, they started to get heat/blow back for their monopolistic practises and were forced to back off. 

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
zorg1000 said:
Materia-Blade said:
zorg1000 said:

Every report I have seen says the Wii U is about 350 gflops......

old subject not worth debating. every report you have seen didn't come from nintendo and was merely speculation (without much basis)

And what is ur basis for not believing it? Just because u want it to be higher?

U are way too defensive about Wii U, just get over it and accept Wii U is closer to PS3/360 in terms of specs than it is to PS4/XB1

It's not like Wii U games somehow are better by pretending they run on more poweful hardware than they really do. Games like Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart, 3D World, Smash Bros, etc are still amazing games whether the hardware is 350 gflops or 700 gflops.

The basis are wii u games. the ones you mentioned couldn't run on a 350 gflops gpu. and there are even more technically advanced games about to release (zelda, xenoblade x).

Ur just making stuff up with not a single shred of evidence, go find some actual proof or report that backs up ur statements or drop it.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I have a feeling NX's surprise will be through visual experience, we shall see.

I been thinking more about this perhaps its Virtual Boy 2.0 since everyone else is going into virtual reality atm.

zorg1000 said:
Materia-Blade said:

The basis are wii u games. the ones you mentioned couldn't run on a 350 gflops gpu. and there are even more technically advanced games about to release (zelda, xenoblade x).

Ur just making stuff up with not a single shred of evidence, go find some actual proof or report that backs up ur statements or drop it.

ps360 performance vs wii u performance is all the evidence.

Fortunately, the onus is on whoever wants to insist on this "350 gflop" thing.

Around the Network

If it is a games console, here is hoping that it is developer friendly (for 3rd party support), on par with the competition, well-named and advertised, and full of more high-quality Nintendo software. They can't trip up again like they did with the U. 

Hi

Please, just don't "innovate" again.

I'd say about 350 GFLOPs is about dead on for the Wii U. 

100 GFLOPS more than an XBox 360 + double the RAM + triple the eDRAM is a fair sized improvement. 

I'd liken it to the first XBox vs. the Playstation 2, similar class of hardware, but there were a handful of XBox games that really looked better than anything on the PS2 and it had double the RAM. 

I'd say Halo 4 though looks about as good as any Wii U game. Xenoblade X is probably the only that punches above it. 

Darwinianevolution said:
Don't tease me Iwata. Now I have no idea if I should buy a WiiU or just wait for the NeXt console.

i GUARANTEE one of two things.  the next nintendo home console is not coming out until xmas 2017.  If one does surface earlier than that, it will be a rushed pile of flaming garbage.  if a wii-u or a mystery console are your only choices, get the wii-u.  

CarcharodonKraz said:
Darwinianevolution said:
Don't tease me Iwata. Now I have no idea if I should buy a WiiU or just wait for the NeXt console.

i GUARANTEE one of two things.  the next nintendo home console is not coming out until xmas 2017.  If one does surface earlier than that, it will be a rushed pile of flaming garbage.  if a wii-u or a mystery console are your only choices, get the wii-u.  

No console from nintendo would be rushed, but 2017 is indeed far more likely.