By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Monster Hunter Frontier in development for PS4 & PC [RUMOUR]

Kerotan said:
uran10 said:

Okay first of all, you have no proof it would sell better on ps4, second of all IN JAPAN Wii U  has a higher install base which means more sales. So sorry but how is it going to sell "way" more when it has less of a market to go to over there?

Ps3 currently sells more than Wii u over there.  Ps4 is dominating it and it will easily pass out the Wii U next year.  WW it's not even a contest.  Ps4 is the obvious console of choice and it won't be getting replaced next year or the year after.  

Remember the PS4's current sales are boosted because of a few Japanese releases. Expect them to go back down to 20k weekly, which is certainly not "dominating" the Wii U. Wii U sold 2,226,088 by Feb 22, PS4 sold 1,112,924 by Feb 22. If the Wii u were to stop selling in Japan right now, and the PS4 continues its average sales of 22k/week, it will take it (2,226,088 - 1,112,924)/22,000 = 50 weeks to catch up to the Wii U. However, the Wii U averages about 15 - 18k /week (including the holidays.) Let's also assume the PS4 boosts its average to 30 - 35k/week. That means in those 50 weeks the Wii U will gain 900k Japanese sales and the PS4 will gain 1,750,000, as the upper limit. This scenario is beneficial for the PS4 because the more sales it has the quicker it can close the gap. With this high end estimate the PS4 will be at 2,906,294 and the Wii U at 3,126,088. Still a difference of about 200k in early Feb 2016. 

Reallistically the Wii U will probably sell something like 500k and PS4 somewhere around 900k in said period. Making their lifetime sales (at that point in time) somewhere around: 2.72 mil and 2 mil, respectively. I don't expect the PS4 to pass the Wii U in Japan until May/June 2016. By then the unified Nintendo platform should be announced and Japanese developers/publishers will look in that direction for their games. The best I think the PS4 can hope for is an MH4 port along the lines of MH3U, but even then Capcom has funding deals with Nintendo and likely will just stick to where their games are selling (Nintendo handhelds.) Monster Hunter has consistently showed itself to be more handheld friendly, despite having fully console releases that benefit the experience. 

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
Kerotan said:

Ps3 currently sells more than Wii u over there.  Ps4 is dominating it and it will easily pass out the Wii U next year.  WW it's not even a contest.  Ps4 is the obvious console of choice and it won't be getting replaced next year or the year after.  

Remember the PS4's current sales are boosted because of a few Japanese releases. Expect them to go back down to 20k weekly, which is certainly not "dominating" the Wii U. Wii U sold 2,226,088 by Feb 22, PS4 sold 1,112,924 by Feb 22. If the Wii u were to stop selling in Japan right now, and the PS4 continues its average sales of 22k/week, it will take it (2,226,088 - 1,112,924)/22,000 = 50 weeks to catch up to the Wii U. However, the Wii U averages about 15 - 18k /week (including the holidays.) Let's also assume the PS4 boosts its average to 30 - 35k/week. That means in those 50 weeks the Wii U will gain 900k Japanese sales and the PS4 will gain 1,750,000, as the upper limit. This scenario is beneficial for the PS4 because the more sales it has the quicker it can close the gap. With this high end estimate the PS4 will be at 2,906,294 and the Wii U at 3,126,088. Still a difference of about 200k in early Feb 2016. 

Reallistically the Wii U will probably sell something like 500k and PS4 somewhere around 900k in said period. Making their lifetime sales (at that point in time) somewhere around: 2.72 mil and 2 mil, respectively. I don't expect the PS4 to pass the Wii U in Japan until May/June 2016. By then the unified Nintendo platform should be announced and Japanese developers/publishers will look in that direction for their games. The best I think the PS4 can hope for is an MH4 port along the lines of MH3U, but even then Capcom has funding deals with Nintendo and likely will just stick to where their games are selling (Nintendo handhelds.) Monster Hunter has consistently showed itself to be more handheld friendly, despite having fully console releases that benefit the experience. 

I agree with all that and that's why I said ps4 will pass it out next year.  I know it is a shoe in to be on a handheld but sony could push hard for a console version. You never know.  

uran10 said:
Kerotan said:

It would sell way more on ps4 than Wii u and the ps4 will live on for many years longer.  Ps4 and either 3ds or its successor is ideal 

Okay first of all, you have no proof it would sell better on ps4, second of all IN JAPAN Wii U  has a higher install base which means more sales. So sorry but how is it going to sell "way" more when it has less of a market to go to over there?

yo, uran. Install base doesn't equal more sales. This is one of the easiest things to prove wrong that I've seen in quite some time. Do you still believe the Wii U will be the top selling console in Japan (or really even still relevant by the time MH5 is a consideration).

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Kerotan said:
uran10 said:

Bookmarked. next year? I'll be laughing when this prediction of "easily" falls through.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Kerotan said:
uran10 said:

Bookmarked. next year? I'll be laughing when this prediction of "easily" falls through.

Hahahahaha.  I have until the last week of 2016. This is an easy win. 

Around the Network
Kerotan said:

Hahahahaha.  I have until the last week of 2016. This is an easy win. 

You really think its going to happen in 2016 don't you? lol seriously you'll lose this you know.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

Why not PS4/PS Vita/PC? :(

On PC they'll change the title to "Master Hunter".

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I have huge doubts that this is true. First of all, monster hunter on a PS4, sony's console of all choices? Frontier is already on the Wii U in Japan I believe, and I would think they would port that first. Also, if it does release, I doubt it'll see a western release. I mean Frontier? Highly unlikely.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

well guys it's just rumor don't be to hard with the prediction, but PS4 totally going to dominate in Japan in 2016 thanks to FF, MGS and other upcoming tittle that will be release on the future, and also NX announcement will also halt Wii U hold Wii U sales especially if it has some backward compatibility.