By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do so some gamers have a problem with God Of War III: Remastered?

Do you have a problem with it?

Yes 123 31.38%

No 269 68.62%

Total:392
AlfredoTurkey said:

I have a problem with ALL remasters. I bitched about the OOT remaster. I bitched about the WW remaster. I bitched about the LOU remaster... I just think the whole idea of selling the same game twice is a terrible waste of time and resources and only has ONE objective... to make money.

Having grown up during the 8 and 16 bit era, rarely if ever did we have a remake or remaster. If we did, most of us would have ignored the damn thing and it would have ended up in the bargain bin for $9.99 a few months later. I want NEW games, with NEW tech and NEW story lines. I don't want FFX or GOW3... I want FF15 and GOW4.

The only reason for remasters is to make money. The story has been told. The creators vision is finished. They've moved on. There is no artistic integrity left in the project. It's JUST a money grab.

Aren't all games released to make money? And just because something isn't new to you that doesn't mean it's not new to someone else. 

Some people love the yearly spots games when others could call them remasters since they sometimes only make minor changes.

As for your 8 bit and 16 bit comment. Some of those games were ports of arcade games and many of the best games of those periods have been remastered or rereleased many times since. 

Do you think movie studies shouldn't release older movies into current formats? Well it was on vhs so if people want it they can get a vcr on eBay. 

Around the Network
aLkaLiNE said:
sundin13 said:

Yes, its building up hype, but if they wanted to give people new to sony consoles a introduction to the franchise, why start with the third in the trilogy? Sounds like the GoWIV would be a better point of entry for people who haven't played the previous installments.

Because God of War IV isn't out yet let alone announced.  GoW:A was a prequel and to me, and it makes so much more sense to release GoW3 over Ascension because 

• GoW 3 is a core game
  • Sold better, recieved much better acclaim than ascension
  • Better story, will leave better impression on new players leading into IV
  • The story will actually flow from 3 to IV.

Was mostly talking about 1 and 2...

I don't have a problem with it, but it's absolutely pointless.

I have no idea tbh. I'm actually pleasantly suprised at the remaster news as I've played every GoW game except 3 and I've been meaning to buy it since I got my ps3. Now I'll just get it on ps4 instead.

Even though I'm a believer that Sony should at least added GOW ascension in it, the reality is that releasing GOW 3 remastered is no different that releasing a late port to another console after so many years. It has been done worse before considering Wii U got late port of games at full price, at least this guarantee a better version for $40 for those who care about performance o haven't played the game before.

Around the Network

haters gonna hate

ClassicGamingWizzz said:
Because they need to find reasons to hate.
You said it all,they dont have ps4, they will never get one but they are the ones that complain about this the most... until their favourite brand get one exclusive remake too, then its the best thing in the world and its " take my money !!! "

So what about these folks?

PwrLvlAmy said:
I have a PS4 and i think its unnecessary :D

KLXVER said:
I am a PS4 gamer and I still hate it... A GOW Collection with all 6 games would be great though.

Nem said:
I dont know what kind of generalisation this is. I have a problem with it and i have a PS4.

BMaker11 said:
I'm a PS4 gamer and I have a problem with it.

Acevil said:
I'm not a ps4 gamer? Guess I should throw away this device now.
ConeGamer said:
I'm a PS4 gamer and I echo what other people have said here.
GameChaserBE said:
Same.
Wonktonodi said:
I fully agree that they should have done the collection and not just one game.

They're critiquing the game's purpose in the market and see some sort of problem (whether it's a big one or a small one). So are they lying about owning a PS4? Maybe they're self hating PS4 owners?

But to say that anyone is who sees a problem with the game is some sort of PS4-less gamer reaching for something to hate is a bit much. Maybe some folks just don't see the game's release the way you see it. We can discuss this without the mass generalizations.

Remedy said:
I don't have a problem with it, but it's absolutely pointless.

if it sells copies it isn't.

there are alot of new playstation gamers, so a cheap entry to the series won't hurt

Angelv577 said:
Even though I'm a believer that Sony should at least added GOW ascension in it, the reality is that releasing GOW 3 remastered is no different that releasing a late port to another console after so many years. It has been done worse before considering Wii U got late port of games at full price, at least this guarantee a better version for $40 for those who care about performance o haven't played the game before.

Can you give examples for the Wii U? 

Kerotan said:
Angelv577 said:

Can you give examples for the Wii U? 

I think he means the 3rd party games?

Batman
Mass Effect 3 (pretty much the same time the PS3/360 got the trilogy for the same price.)
Assassin's Creed
Watchdogs
Need for Speed
etc.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.