By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Marvel Netflix Universe!(Updated)

I blew through this show in a day and change. Best superhero comic show I've seen so far, and by a good margin too. Very promising for future Netflix Marvel shows.

Around the Network

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

I've been watching it so far and I like it. It's well written in my opinion. I'm on episode 10 right now. I'm really starting to like netflix shows in general. They're entertaining.

OttoniBastos said:

If it is about the show,imo i believe MCU bosses want to expand this universe to other places besides the comic relief RDJ gang bros,you know?

When they announced the phase 3 movies,the guy there said something like "we want to bring the other sides of this universe(like the magic side) to the big screen and educate the casual people about it."

i think this is what they are trying to do now with this netflix sub-universe.Show the dark grounded heroes like Punisher,Daredevil,iron fist,maybe even blade?(not so grounded but still).

Thing is, Daredevil was never a "dark grounded" superhero. He, like many others, had a sad background (even more considering he became blind over the accident that granted him his powers), but managed to carry on with the inherited values that his father taught him. He used to be a different breed of a hero; one that, unlike Spiderman, wasn't feared by the media, but that stood for what was right and that hardly-ever took a life, no matter how despicable the criminal.

Then Frank Miller thought "gee this dude so cool" and ruined everything adding the character his own style of doing things. Worse yet, Marvel allowed him to do as he pleased, and the result is that we have a Daredevil that is a parody of his former-self. This new Daredevil could very well fit into Sin City with some tweaks.

Things got so out of control that even Alan Moore (the dude from Watchmen and From Hell) mocked Frank Miller's take on Daredevil.

But they keep pushing this image of Daredevil, and yeah, people like you or the Netflix users come along, see Daredevil for the first time and take a big, wrong idea about the character, or at least the character that he used to be.

No matter the amount of changes Spider-Man has experienced throughout his career (except that dumb thing they did with Doc. Octopus), they never took his image as a hero following his uncle's teachings and turned him into a self-righteous fool who goes around doing dark things and trying to be "edgy" and "mature". They did with Daredevil, though, and that's a shame.

I've watched 3 episodes so far and it is very boring.

Around the Network

I haven't seen the Daredevil show yet, but it's stuff like this that's making me LOVE the marvel cinematic universe more and more. I do think Agents of Sheild and Agent Carter tend to be...bland...but the movies, the netflix shows, and all that...awesome.

This is how you do interwoven connectivity.

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
I haven't seen the Daredevil show yet, but it's stuff like this that's making me LOVE the marvel cinematic universe more and more. I do think Agents of Sheild and Agent Carter tend to be...bland...but the movies, the netflix shows, and all that...awesome.

It's not really interwoven though.

After binging the Daredevil series I'm disappointed......

That it's over!!!
Seriously this show is fabulous and I cannot wait for season 2 and the other planned series they have planned.

Last edited by OttoniBastos - on 20 February 2023

Lawlight said:
Runa216 said:

It's not really interwoven though.

It might just be, for the smaller shows. They might weave into agent carter and later into the latter avengers movies for cameos. The way Marvel has been doing things Cameo's have become a big thing. I know they are planning Civil War and all of the characters are in Civil War.