By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BREAKING NEWS! Microsoft Xbox 360 "Disc-Scratching" Legal Battle! Hot Coffee Edition.

The Battle Continues.

I want revenge! 35 51.47%

I was lucky. No scratch. 14 20.59%

It was my fault. 1 1.47%

results 18 26.47%

Total:68
sethnintendo said:
Blob said:
I always thought the disc scratching occurred when you moved the console when the disc was spinnin, Which is a silly thing to do.
So it scratched discs for no reason as well?

According to friend that lost a disc on a 360 at a friends house.  They were just playing the game and all of a sudden a really bad noise happens.  The friend told him "oh yea it does that sometimes".  They didn't move the system while playing.

Fair enoug.  Me and a friend had a disc scratch each but that was due to moving consoles. The launch 360s had so many problems lol

Around the Network

I had a 360 that kept scratching my copy of cod 4, so I traded it in for another one and had the same problem so I got another one and got rrod then I traded that in again and that 360 still works lol.

"negligently designed and manufactured"

Sounds like early 360 consoles to me. Know a few people who had a horrendous time with the console in the early years. Not sure this case will go anywhere though

This isn't only a launch unit problem. When they brought out the first slim, IGN accidentally fucked up a disc backstage by moving the slim model.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

d21lewis said:
din't read the op but it happened to me once. scratched up my copy of tomb raider underworld. m$ forced me to go to movie gallery, rent a copy, and swap it with mine. those bastards.

I used to live on a boat on the sea... but because of the waves my discs got scratched so MS forced me to move back to land.. where my 360 overheated..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Around the Network

I am a victim, too. My 360 from 2006 scratched Gears of War and Bioshock, both of which I bought brand new for 60 €. They replaced the console two times, but they refused to replace the games. But I found someone who repaired the discs.

I did not move the console at all. My guess is that it was because of the subwoofer. Must have had too many vibrations for the 360 to handle. This issue was what made me buy a PS3 in 2008 btw. This and 4 RRoDs.

As much fun as I had with the 360, the console itself was really really bad designed back then.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

If the case goes somewhere, what will the settlement be?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

shikamaru317 said:

Never had a single issue with discs being scratched by my 360. Probably a McDonalds hot coffee-esque lawsuit.

Wasn't the coffee case actually pretty valid? :p

Well if this is a manufacturing problem, then this makes sense

...at least this legal battle is better than some ridiculous ones...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

ReimTime said:
If the case goes somewhere, what will the settlement be?

Maybe free game(s) ?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5