By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony shutting down servers for MLB 14 on june 18 2015

daredevil.shark said:
1. Too early to close down. But I doubt anyone outside USA actually purchases this game. Let alone online play.2
2. To anti-Sony people: Please stop derailing the thread. We get it you dont like Sony. So please start talking about the topic.

What anti-sony people? Just because some people are criticising this doesn't make them anti-sony.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
1. Too early to close down. But I doubt anyone outside USA actually purchases this game. Let alone online play.2
2. To anti-Sony people: Please stop derailing the thread. We get it you dont like Sony. So please start talking about the topic.

Talking about Sony's history of providing services is in-bounds, it's quite related.

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

darkenergy said:
daredevil.shark said:

What anti-sony people? Just because some people are criticising this doesn't make them anti-sony.

He was referring to people that started talking about other things sony had done, not related to this thread.

I.E Killzone 1080p, Driveclub ps+ edition, anything not related to network services for games being removed isn't on topic.

Barkley said:
darkenergy said:

He was referring to people that started talking about other things sony had done, not related to this thread.

I.E Killzone 1080p, Driveclub ps+ edition, anything not related to network services for games being removed isn't on topic.

To be fair, you are the one who asked what other shady stuff.

Acevil said:
Barkley said:

Yeah, he was referring to me when he said anti-sony I was trying to bring light to sony's other horrendous acts in this thread. :P

Back ontopic, this really wasn't a good move by sony. Even though the active playerbase is incredibly low in these regions 1 year is far far too soon. Fifa games typically last 2 years. I'm just trying to think of this from both points of view and I guess Sony should have taken the hit on this one and keep the servers going, even if they didn't believe the userbase was worth the cost from a business standpoint. It's just not worth the bad PR and it's not fair on the customers.

I didn't realize game servers were region dependent either, you can play with USA psn users right so how can they shut down the game in EU and not USA?

If they also shutdown the servers in the USA this turns into a real shitstorm and then they're almost certainly doing it to make people buy the next entry in the series.

Around the Network
Acevil said:
Barkley said:

^^This, this was asking other issues about other things about Sony and I was only answering.

Proud to be a Californian.

How long were the queues to get into a game? there are plenty of big games on steam were waiting an hour to get even 8 people isn't that rare on steam and I don't see the point of Sony paying for online servers if a game has such a small audience.

Zekkyou said:
That's way too quickly... I can understand them wanting to push the next entry (which releases in just over a week), but there's really no excuse for cutting something's online after just a year.

MLB14 was two years ago.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Zekkyou said:
That's way too quickly... I can understand them wanting to push the next entry (which releases in just over a week), but there's really no excuse for cutting something's online after just a year.

MLB14 was two years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_14:_The_Show
PlayStation 3, Vita     
NA April 1, 2014    
EU April 2, 2014

PlayStation 4
May 6, 2014

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

NiKKoM said:
outlawauron said:
Zekkyou said:

MLB14 was two years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLB_14:_The_Show
PlayStation 3, Vita     
NA April 1, 2014    
EU April 2, 2014

PlayStation 4
May 6, 2014

Doh. I thought they followed the same year/numbering as the other sports games.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.