By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The mobile games industry gives their opinions about Nintendo entering the mobile space

God, their company names sound like generic forum usernames.

Around the Network

They seem to be struggling to resist an anti-console rant. Actually very reasonable responses overall, but I'm not sure why they're boasting AAA and quality when the business model of the medium restricts that somwhat.

Shadow1980 said:
MohammadBadir said:
RealGamingExpert said:

"Imagine playing Zelda on a smartphone? Now that’s a dream come true.”

Kill me.

We'll go together...

http://media.giphy.com/media/2ttmuPvGLW7QI/giphy.gif

Wait! I changed my mind! I HATE HEIGHTS! *CRUNCH*

In all seriousness, though, I really, really wish smartphones would just go away and never come back. Worst invention of the last 50 years. Cell phone should be phones and nothing else. I don't just hate what smartphones have done to gaming (mobile isn't really a threat or anything, but it has brought the sorriest excuses for games I've seen since that Big Rigs game). I hate what they've done to people and how they interact with each other. People get absorbed in those infernal things, often to the point where they're dead to the world. They'll stop in mid-conversation just to see a reply to a text or check their Facebook. They act like they can't live without the damn things, even though they went through life just fine without them not even a decade ago. Some people in my grandparent's generation called television "the idiot box," but smartphones are a hundred times the "idiot box" TV ever was.

I agree. So much.
Let's actually go together though.

StarOcean said:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed those atrocious names!

"Imagine playing Zelda on a smartphone? Now that’s a dream come true.”

HAHAHAHAHA

More like a nightmare come true.

Around the Network
TheLegendaryWolf said:
StarOcean said:

Glad I'm not the only one who noticed those atrocious names!

Guess I'm not naming my company MohammadBadir

I predict that eventually all these salty gamers will begin looking forward to the new Nintendo mobile games.

We will go from "Ew, disgusting mobile game." to "HYPE! Captain Toad 2 looks incredible!".

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

Now I'm not really salty about this, I just feel and see mobile gaming as being utter tripe compared to ahrdcore gaming found on a console/handheld/pc.

So to the notion of mobile gaming I say:

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Euphoria14 said:
I predict that eventually all these salty gamers will begin looking forward to the new Nintendo mobile games.

We will go from "Ew, disgusting mobile game." to "HYPE! Captain Toad 2 looks incredible!".

I predict tht you will be wrong because certain people hate mobile games... like myself. Never even played the retarded facebook games, 0% chance I'll touch a game on my smartphone regardless of who made it or not.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

uran10 said:
Euphoria14 said:

I predict tht you will be wrong because certain people hate mobile games... like myself. Never even played the retarded facebook games, 0% chance I'll touch a game on my smartphone regardless of who made it or not.

Okay, of course I don't actually mean every single gamer. It was more towards the belief that it will become accepted. Similar to how DLC was hated but now accepted. Subscriptions were hated but once Nintendo does it it will become accepted.

It has been a recurring theme. I expect quite a few "Nintendo does mobile games the right way." comments in the future.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!