By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Fire Emblem If: What's Your Thoughts On it?

Tagged games:

Are you excited for Fire Emblem: If?

Yeah!!! 65 82.28%

No, not really... 4 5.06%

I never played before... 4 5.06%

Other. 6 7.59%

Total:79

Awesome! Why not ask to make it official?

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Pavolink said:

I love the new transitions! Plus Kazahana

Yeah, those new transitions are great! Makes the whole game feel a lot smoother! And that chick... I am so using her! x_x

Apparently, this Fire Emblem is going to have the player make decisions on the story by picking different choices. I think that's awesome and fresh for the series due to the very linear path of the stories in the previous games.

Yeah, I heard about this, and it makes me very excited if true! : )

Awesome! Why not ask to make it official?

You mean make this thread the official thread for FE: If? Can I even do that... ^.^;

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Why is Selvaria in a Fire Emblem game?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Kantor said:
Why is Selvaria in a Fire Emblem game?

Sorry, but my ignorance is showing... Is that a character from Valkeria Chronicles? Where is she in the game??? O:

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

My opinion? I want.. no need it now.

But I do want to comment on the title of the game, Fire Emblem "If"
Due to the title and comments on the title (By Intelligent Systems) saying that each choice will have a significant impact on how you play, I believe this game will feature multiple endings. Similar to how the Shin Megami Tensei games have multiple endings due to your choices you make as your progress in the story.

This is where I believe the title comes in is that there will be pros and cons to each decision and everytime you make one, a character will say something along the lines of "If you did this, *so and so wouldn't die*" or something like that.

Not sure obviously, but this is how I believe the game will play story wise and I am very excited for it! I wasn't a HUGE fan of Awakening, the main thing I liked about it was it kept the franchise alive. Otherwise, it definitely wasn't my favorite in the series. (My favorite being Radiant Dawn) and I hope that If surpasses RD. :D

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
Paatar said:
My opinion? I want.. no need it now.

But I do want to comment on the title of the game, Fire Emblem "If"
Due to the title and comments on the title (By Intelligent Systems) saying that each choice will have a significant impact on how you play, I believe this game will feature multiple endings. Similar to how the Shin Megami Tensei games have multiple endings due to your choices you make as your progress in the story.

This is where I believe the title comes in is that there will be pros and cons to each decision and everytime you make one, a character will say something along the lines of "If you did this, *so and so wouldn't die*" or something like that.

Not sure obviously, but this is how I believe the game will play story wise and I am very excited for it! I wasn't a HUGE fan of Awakening, the main thing I liked about it was it kept the franchise alive. Otherwise, it definitely wasn't my favorite in the series. (My favorite being Radiant Dawn) and I hope that If surpasses RD. :D

The next FE having multiple paths and decisions to make does sound really exciting to me too. I hope it is true. I could use a good story after Awakening`s poor one... Otherwise, I thought Awakening was a great addition to the franchise. As for my fav, I have such a hard time picking. I really liked Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword, and I sort of count PoR and RD together, since they are essentially one big game, kind of like Sonic 3 and Knuckles.

Dance my pretties!

became interested in Fire Emblem series. and tried to view videos on the gameplay. So Fire Emblem is a tactical RPG. Gameplay wise - character has a certain area that he can roam through? and during fight scene, it is turn based?

can someone further elaborate. I'm interested with the game and series itself. Do i need to play previous games in order to cope up with the upcoming game?

Same as all the other ones. Couldn't care less...

gabzjmm23 said:
became interested in Fire Emblem series. and tried to view videos on the gameplay. So Fire Emblem is a tactical RPG. Gameplay wise - character has a certain area that he can roam through? and during fight scene, it is turn based?

can someone further elaborate. I'm interested with the game and series itself. Do i need to play previous games in order to cope up with the upcoming game?

If you have a 3DS I recommend you to play Awakening. I started with that game and is great. Playing will answer your questions. There's a demo.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Pavolink said:
gabzjmm23 said:

If you have a 3DS I recommend you to play Awakening. I started with that game and is great. Playing will answer your questions. There's a demo.

cool.  thanks for informing me that it has a demo.  that is certainly helpful.