By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Review Thread - MetaCritic 93% ~ GameRankings 91.47%

IGN also Reviews in 4 Hours

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Calm down people, I think every respectable site will want to play the whole thing before giving it a score.
We all know there will be click-baiters anyway, so it's nothing new, enjoy the game.

I'm not really concerned about this game, I think it'll do well.  My overall concern is for games reviews in general.

Will be interesting to see how many reviewers hold off to try out the online component. I expect the larger sites will do 'review in progress' type stuff, while the smaller ones will jump right in.

Was tempted to stay up late to see how the reviews were shaping up, but I guess if many sites aren't attributing numbers yet I won't bother. Chalice Dungeons have been activated for review copies apparently, quite a few people on gaf have been playing and commenting on them.

celador said:
Was tempted to stay up late to see how the reviews were shaping up, but I guess if many sites aren't attributing numbers yet I won't bother. Chalice Dungeons have been activated for review copies apparently, quite a few people on gaf have been playing and commenting on them.

Oh really?  Kickass, that's great news.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
OttoniBastos said:

That is something that i bothering me! How can reviewersmake release a review hours before the game launch without testing day one features like multiplayer,chalice and some bosses that use online mechanics(like old monk in demon's souls).

Quite easily, they've been doing it for years.  Reviewers don't care about things like that.  They only care about getting their review out first and as click-baity as possible (well, most reviewers anyway)

Early review copies usually have access to online systems as well.  Obviously it can be difficult to get another person to play with in such a small pool, but that's usually fixed by setting times where the reviewers are encouraged to all get online at once so that everyone can get a chance to play with someone else online.  

This is how it worked for Dark Souls and Killzone 2 anyway.

Torillian said:
mornelithe said:

Quite easily, they've been doing it for years.  Reviewers don't care about things like that.  They only care about getting their review out first and as click-baity as possible (well, most reviewers anyway)

Early review copies usually have access to online systems as well.  Obviously it can be difficult to get another person to play with in such a small pool, but that's usually fixed by setting times where the reviewers are encouraged to all get online at once so that everyone can get a chance to play with someone else online.  

As long as the MP environment they are using is the exact same environment as your everyday joe, I'm fine with it.  Wasn't Driveclubs network connectivity issues so unexpected because reviewers had used an internal system, rather than the live one?

mornelithe said:
Torillian said:

As long as the MP environment they are using is the exact same environment as your everyday joe, I'm fine with it.  Wasn't Driveclubs network connectivity issues so unexpected because reviewers had used an internal system, rather than the live one?

Yeah, so while they get to play around with all the MP options, they usually won't get to use the same environment.  Hard to get rid of that problem though because there are never going to be enough review copies to load up servers like a full release.  As far as I know it's usually the same network but under far less stress than it will be at actual launch.  

This is just my experience the few times I got an early review copy though, and is likely not always the case.  

Torillian said:

That's pretty cool, i didn't know they did that. I expect it must be easier to do for a game like Bloodborne/DS2 than Killzone 2 though :p

daredevil.shark said:
ethomaz said:

I'm expecting 9-10 scores after the previews.

Same here. I dont know why Sony had such a strict embargo. The game is fastastic. I am really liking it. Its fast paced and fun.

If I am not mistaken Demon, Dark and Dark 2 all very similar embargoes and they turned out just fine.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.