By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The official Windows 10 Launch Thread! Windows 10 launching July 29!!! Specs Revealed. Windows 10 versions announced!

Windows 10 is launching July 29!!!

Hell yes!!! 22 57.89%

YES!!! 2 5.26%

Yeah! 1 2.63%

That's nice 4 10.53%

Ok 2 5.26%

Not really excited 1 2.63%

Don't care 1 2.63%

Sticking to Windows 7 5 13.16%

BOOOOOO!!!!! 0 0%

Total:38
Mad55 said:
Im pretty excited for 10, it looks pretty slick.

Same here :).

Around the Network

Well I'm actually back working at MS again, especially with TH. Perhaps I could answer a few questions. :)

We had a fun moment at work last week when the start menu button stopped working (build 10042), but it's fine again since 10044.

Cortana is still a mess. She does what she wants more or less. And there's a weird memory issue while upgrading from Windows 7 SP1.

Hay guys, the thread has had a few updates, so check them out now!

Bumping, could use more posts.

More news coming soon!

Around the Network
MohammadBadir said:
Yus.
Best OS evah!

do you think i should move from 8.1?

I'm excited! They are dropping a bunch of legacy support that was holding things back, and clearing the way for the future. Soon we should have computer with significantly more memory and power.

Also excited to see what DirectX 12 does for gaming.

I think it will be rather significant.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I am thinking Hololens will be very competitively priced since MS really seen to hype it and wants it in peoples hands. My guess it will retail at 700-800$.

Puppyroach said:
I am thinking Hololens will be very competitively priced since MS really seen to hype it and wants it in peoples hands. My guess it will retail at 700-800$.

I think Microsoft should push it to around 500$. But I don't know since the tech inside it is really advanced.

wangjingwanjia said:
Well I'm actually back working at MS again, especially with TH. Perhaps I could answer a few questions. :)

We had a fun moment at work last week when the start menu button stopped working (build 10042), but it's fine again since 10044.

Cortana is still a mess. She does what she wants more or less. And there's a weird memory issue while upgrading from Windows 7 SP1.

when you say TH you mean threshold??? Is it a separate thing from windows 10??

will surface RT/2 get a fork of win10 at least or the ARM version of it???

what's the win10 for windows phone roadmap??