By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - The official Windows 10 Launch Thread! Windows 10 launching July 29!!! Specs Revealed. Windows 10 versions announced!

Windows 10 is launching July 29!!!

Hell yes!!! 22 57.89%

YES!!! 2 5.26%

Yeah! 1 2.63%

That's nice 4 10.53%

Ok 2 5.26%

Not really excited 1 2.63%

Don't care 1 2.63%

Sticking to Windows 7 5 13.16%

BOOOOOO!!!!! 0 0%

Total:38
alrightiwill said:
Do you know what will happen to the people running preview builds? Will they automatically be upgraded to the latest builds on launch?

You have to roll back to Windows 8.1. Thats a hassle for me, so its why I run Windows 10 in a VM.

Around the Network

Ah that is a pain alright!!!

alrightiwill said:
Ah that is a pain alright!!!

Good luck. Next time, if you run a preview for the next Windows version, run it in a virtual machine. Its slower, but its much less of a hassle.

Ahhh can't wait until July 29th!

Great info thread looking forward to it.

Also July 29th is my Birthday! Thanks MSFT.

Around the Network
WoodenPints said:
Great info thread looking forward to it.

Also July 29th is my Birthday! Thanks MSFT.

Coincidence here huh? Anyway good timing, just before the back to school rush.

super6646 said:
alrightiwill said:
Do you know what will happen to the people running preview builds? Will they automatically be upgraded to the latest builds on launch?

You have to roll back to Windows 8.1. Thats a hassle for me, so its why I run Windows 10 in a VM.

If it's anything like the Win 8 preview you might be able to upgrade by copying the contents of the Win 10 iso to your HDD/USB and edit one of the files in notepad, essentially telling it that your version is eligible.

Mistershine said:
super6646 said:

If it's anything like the Win 8 preview you might be able to upgrade by copying the contents of the Win 10 iso to your HDD/USB and edit one of the files in notepad, essentially telling it that your version is eligible.

Its not worth any hassle. Like I said, always run the preview in a VM.