Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OFFICIAL NX thread: Does Cloud confirm FF7 appearance on NX???

What's the name of the NX!?

Dolphin 17 8.17%

Fusion 113 54.33%

starbox 13 6.25%

Link 18 8.65%

gameslate 3 1.44%

pu 44 21.15%

Total:208

Sure, same for Mgs5 and street fighter 5 on NX.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
Wyrdness said:

Actually not true, Snake was added into Brawl because of a MGS game Twin Snakes due to a partnership with then second party SK, Megaman may not be seeing new installments but we are seeing games from the franchise even another guest character Sonic has lead to titles. Ryu is really the odd one out with Pacman being purely a homage.

Brawl came out like 5 years after Twin Snakes

4 years and was in development obviously, Snake in Brawl is the result of Twins Snakes.

Kojima wanted Snake in Melee, but the game was too far in development for that to happen.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

The FF7 Remake could end up on NX, but I'm not really sure what the sales will be like. How big will the base of people that want to play FF7R but don't have a PS4 be? (or XBox One for that matter, operating under the impression it's a timed exclusive for PS4. At least in NA/EU)

Just look at the sales of the the FFXIII trio. Strongly leaning towards PS3 and that was when the install bases were not nearly as favorable to Sony as they are now.

Same thing for KH3. I expect the sales for the PS4 version to be 4:1 minimum versus the XB1 version.

It will be a simple cost benefit analysis really. Expected sales vs the cost of bringing games to the NX platform and much of that would have to do with user base. As I imagine the PS4 would reap the vast majority of the increased system sales for FFXV/FF7/KH3

DQXI however, I expect to see that on NX in some form.

Stats87 said:
The FF7 Remake could end up on NX, but I'm not really sure what the sales will be like. How big will the base of people that want to play FF7R but don't have a PS4 be? (or XBox One for that matter, operating under the impression it's a timed exclusive for PS4. At least in NA/EU)

Just look at the sales of the the FFXIII trio. Strongly leaning towards PS3 and that was when the install bases were not nearly as favorable to the PS4 as they are now.

Same thing for KH3. I expect the sales for the PS4 version to be 4:1 minimum versus the XB1 version.

It will be a simple cost benefit analysis really. Expected sales vs the cost of bringing games to the NX platform and much of that would have to do with user base. As I imagine the PS4 would reap the vast majority of the increased system sales for FFXV/FF7/KH3

DQXI however, I expect to see that on NX in some form.

Well, if the NX can double as a handheld, all JRPG that release on it will have huge numbers, at least in Japan. SE sells a lot in mobile and handhelds, so if the NX has a handheld part, they will inmediately support it, because even though handhelds in general aren't what they used to be, the 3DSstill is the best selling 8th gen system, and it will probably only be surpassed by the PS4, so Nintendo handhelds still have a lot of pull.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Seems the FFVII rumours are picking up steam, remember the remake is not exclusive to PS4 it's just releasing on it first, What ever the situation SE have certainly put out a message that they're actively looking to put their games on NX. If we do get confirmation of SE's full support it would make NX's early years for more intriguing then previous platforms especially if it's a portable and home device.

According to this guy, all major publisher has already NX dev kits:

57:12

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Wouldn't surprise me tbh it's very likely SE have a devkit.

Pavolink said:

And we have to believe him because...

I think I'll remain skeptical until a more reputable source says so.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Pavolink said:

57:12

I know SMD64, but I wouldn't really believe him right now..

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---