By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - OFFICIAL NX thread: Does Cloud confirm FF7 appearance on NX???

What's the name of the NX!?

Dolphin 17 8.17%

Fusion 113 54.33%

starbox 13 6.25%

Link 18 8.65%

gameslate 3 1.44%

pu 44 21.15%

Total:208
Iyasu said:
JEMC said:

The Gamepad was useful in some aspects, but it failed to attract users and, in the end, has become more of a problem than an asset. Because of that and because it's possible that NX won't be backwards compatible with Wii and Wii U games, Nintendo could use it was an oportunity to go back to a more traditional controller. Besides, didn't they say that they would focus on their tradicional customers? That points more towards a traditional console experience than what the Wii and Wii U offered.

But if they do include a screen on its controller, they need to make it right. The Gamepad is too bulky, the NX controller needs to be smaller and more compact, even if that means using a smaller screen.

Depends on who they define as their traditional customers. I understood the quotes from Miyamoto, of wanting to move away from casual gamers towards the core gamer, to be a "no more Wii Fit" kinda thing and not a "more challenge and old school gaming" thing. They still see kids as their main target group, and their consoles as toys, so most games tend to be pretty easy for seasoned players.

But you're probably right. As a traditional Nintendo gamer, being with Nintendo since the NES (only skipped Wii & DS), I'd probably also take a console with a traditional controller without the extra screen. Traditional Nintendo gamers are there for the Nintendo IP, so they'll probably come as long as Nintendo doesn't screw their IPs up.

But I'd prefer to have a controller with a screen, because I think there are still many things that could be improved or done with a (or multiple) second screen controller(s) with more capable hardware.
As you said, Nintendo would have to fix the issues some people had, like making the controller more comfortable (smaller), improving battery life, adding analog shoulder buttons and making the screen more responsive.

But if they toss the second screen I know I'll miss:
-browsing or typing on the Gamepad
-starting games/apps (while watching TV and switching over once I see the Wii U is ready)
-the good uses of the gamepad in games (tension in ZombiU, Inventory and hacking mini game in Deus Ex, level creation in Mario Maker, jumping to players in Splatoon, Inventory and Map in Windwaker HD, interactive Map in Xenoblade X)
-playing virtual console games while listening to the TV (Music, News, waiting for a specific show)

I fear without the Gamepad Nintendo will probably throw in some other gimmick, to differentiate themselves from Sony and Microsoft, that will alienate them from the competitors customers, and gain nothing from it.

Well, that Free Form Display tech from Sharp would certainly help to make a smaller Gamepad, but the key part for a new Gamepad kind of controller will be its price.

We all know that the Gamepad has been one of the causes (if not the nº 1) that made the Wii U so expensive at launch and that has stopped Nintendo to make more price cuts. That thing is expensive. And that means that Nintendo will think twice about using something similar again.

That's why, if the streaming chip/hardware on the console side is cheap enough, Nintendo could choose implement it on the NX but without a controller that could use it. Instead, they would put the necessary tech into the handheld to avoid extra expenses on the home console side and to encourage NX home console users to also buy their NX handheld.

And one of the best ways to do that would be with a new cross platform Luigi's Mansion game. If you buy the home console game, you play it as you did in the GameCube, if you get it on the NX handheld you play it as the 3DS game (... if the handheld has 2 screens, but that is another question), but if you have both consoles and buy the game (with cross-buy, ofc), you can play the game like you did in the NintendoLand minigame. And like that, a few other games.

It's a way to encourage owning both consoles, so Nintendo would get more console sales and split some of its hardware costs between both platforms.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

http://wccftech.com/amd-arctic-islands-16nm-launch-coming-quarters/

NX could use 14nm/16nm chip instead of 28nm

Hmm, if that's the case, then NX will have more space for fan/cooling, RAM, etc...

=> Smaller is better in 2016

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

Im a sega fan being fed up havin 3 consoles cause my sega games are shattered troughout all console and mobiles.
As a grown up man i learned to love things even if they are not my taste. But i love it that it exists and so i love nintendo and so i love a few games.

If you love variaty and identity
If you are against monopoly
If you love the consoles of the old days where you had the complete game.

Then buy nx
Yes there is smash bros dlc and mk8 dlc. But mainly nintendo hasnt been doing this in big scale. But u gotta love games like xenoblade zelda metroid. U gotta love 'm man. Buy it do it

Opinions? Discuss

shenlong213 said:
http://wccftech.com/amd-arctic-islands-16nm-launch-coming-quarters/

NX could use 14nm/16nm chip instead of 28nm

Hmm, if that's the case, then NX will have more space for fan/cooling, RAM, etc...

=> Smaller is better in 2016

Very good news! Smaller but powerful enough!

Meelow said:
So we are about to enter into 2016 and the NX will likely be announced within the next few months, lets discuss what would make the NX a success on day 1.

Reveal: March 2016 with the name, some launch titles, 2016 release date, and of course hardware reveal

Name: I personally love the name Nintendo NX so I wouldn't mind if they kept that, however seeing what we hard the console will be, i'd say Nintendo Cross could work too, or Fusion (but then again I feel Fusion is more of a hybrid name and we know it won't be that)

Launch Games:

The Legend of Zelda
Pikmin 4
Nintendo Land 2
Dragon Quest XI
Final Fantasy XIV
New IP
Activision/Ubi/EA games

Marketing: It obviosuly needs to not be what Wii U got and adviertised hugely, the cross between Console and Handheld could be huge so that's a good way, also it needs advertisment everywhere, billboards, Superbowl, movie theaters, etc. Nintendo needs to make sure this is huge.

What's your ideas and thoughts?

My thread was closed.

Reveal: Feb-March 2016 in a conference.

E32016 for launch titles.

Holiday for release.

Launch games:

Zelda HD

Mario 3D

Marketing: mainstream marketing campaign similar to Wii.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Iyasu said:

JEMC said:

The Gamepad was useful in some aspects, but it failed to attract users and, in the end, has become more of a problem than an asset. Because of that and because it's possible that NX won't be backwards compatible with Wii and Wii U games, Nintendo could use it was an oportunity to go back to a more traditional controller. Besides, didn't they say that they would focus on their tradicional customers? That points more towards a traditional console experience than what the Wii and Wii U offered.

But if they do include a screen on its controller, they need to make it right. The Gamepad is too bulky, the NX controller needs to be smaller and more compact, even if that means using a smaller screen.

Depends on who they define as their traditional customers. I understood the quotes from Miyamoto, of wanting to move away from casual gamers towards the core gamer, to be a "no more Wii Fit" kinda thing and not a "more challenge and old school gaming" thing. They still see kids as their main target group, and their consoles as toys, so most games tend to be pretty easy for seasoned players.

But you're probably right. As a traditional Nintendo gamer, being with Nintendo since the NES (only skipped Wii & DS), I'd probably also take a console with a traditional controller without the extra screen. Traditional Nintendo gamers are there for the Nintendo IP, so they'll probably come as long as Nintendo doesn't screw their IPs up.

But I'd prefer to have a controller with a screen, because I think there are still many things that could be improved or done with a (or multiple) second screen controller(s) with more capable hardware.
As you said, Nintendo would have to fix the issues some people had, like making the controller more comfortable (smaller), improving battery life, adding analog shoulder buttons and making the screen more responsive.

But if they toss the second screen I know I'll miss:
-browsing or typing on the Gamepad
-starting games/apps (while watching TV and switching over once I see the Wii U is ready)
-the good uses of the gamepad in games (tension in ZombiU, Inventory and hacking mini game in Deus Ex, level creation in Mario Maker, jumping to players in Splatoon, Inventory and Map in Windwaker HD, interactive Map in Xenoblade X)
-playing virtual console games while listening to the TV (Music, News, waiting for a specific show)

I fear without the Gamepad Nintendo will probably throw in some other gimmick, to differentiate themselves from Sony and Microsoft, that will alienate them from the competitors customers, and gain nothing from it.

If Nintendo can find a way to keep the 2nd screen while only adding a few bucks to the total cost compared to the cost of a normal gamepad then I say go for it.  That being said, if the added cost to utilize a 2nd screen is above $50 (hell,even $30) then I say ditch it because Nintendo has shown with the Wii U that they can't add enough value to the 2nd screen to justify its price tag.

Around the Network

If the NX is simple in their hardware design and doesn't have special hardware (so it's just CPU+GPU+RAM without ES-RAM, ED-RAM or whatever) making ports from the PS4 simple, fast and cheap, then we might see more support from 3rd parties.

Ubisoft will be happy to have one more platform to launch the next AC game, and EA will be forced by its contract with FIFA and the NFL to launch those games on it.

But until we see if the console is a success (meaning that it sells well, not that it needs to beat the PS4), I won't expect all the 3rd parties on board and giving it full support.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Caution: This is a rumor and me speculating.

AMD Zen APU Featuring HBM Spotted – 128GB/S Of Memory Bandwidth And Large On-Board GPU

http://wccftech.com/xbox-one-may-be-getting-a-new-apu-based-on-amds-polaris-architecture/

"An AMD Zen based APU featuring stacked High Bandwidth Memory – HBM – with 128GB/s of bandwidth and a large on-board GPU has been spotted."

"This chip fabric is based on the evolution of the AMD coherent memory technology in Carrizo which is in itself is an improved design of the Playstation 4 and XBOX ONE’s interconnects. The illustration also makes mention of “more CUs” referring to graphics compute units, which indicates that Zen APUs will feature larger and more capable on-board graphics engines than what we’ve seen before."

"the Zen based APU is also shown featuring HBM memory with 128GB/S of bandwidth. Which is the amount of bandwidth a single 4-Hi stack of first generation HBM can deliver. And that’s surprising, considering that in 2016 second generation HBM is expected to come to market with Nvidia’s Pascal and AMD’s Arctic Islands graphics chips. What’s even more peculiar is that the compandy did not announce any Zen based APUs for 2016."

Now, what if that misterious APU is the brain of NX? Think about it

+Why would AMD launch a Zen based APU before their schedule?

+Why would AMD pair it with a very big GPU?

+Why would they go with only 1GB of HBM memory that will be useless on a desktop APU, but can act as a fast cache memory on a console? Think of it as a better and easier way to very fast memory, but with the benefit of having 1GB instead of the 32MB of E-DRAM that we find on the Wii U or 32MB of E-SRAM that's on the XboxOne.

What do you think? Let's speculate, guys!

No, it does not confirm FF7 on NX, it just verifies the possibility.

Also, this thread is WAAAY off topic, and the poll has nothing to do with the subject.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Locking this thread.

a) We do not really need an official thread for NX at this point, especially a thread for rumours and speculation.
b) Thread creator seemingly has very little interest in the machine at this point, as evidenced by the piss poor OP and lack of updates to create genuine discussion.
c) Thread is stagnant.